The David School
Tel: (606) 886-8374
- The mission of The David School is to provide a comprehensive educational program for Appalachian youth and adults who have limited financial resources and the potential to succeed in a non-traditional setting.
- We will achieve our mission by creating a nurturing school environment that offers all students, through individualized attention, the opportunity to experience success and to serve their community.
- Our philosophy is deeply rooted in Christian values and community service.
- We cherish our students, community and Appalachian Heritage, and we strive to involve the whole family in the learning experience.
- We believe that all students have the desire and capacity to learn if given the right support.
- We believe by serving others, students gain a sense of self-worth and self-knowledge that leads to individual success.
- We value family, learning, and creativity. As a result of our educational programs our graduates will become self sufficient, life-long learners capable of attaining advanced educational opportunities and sustainable employment.
- As a result of our work we seek to achieve human rights, equal opportunity, individual growth and success, self-worth, and self-esteem.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hagerhill Grades: 7-12 | 61 students
7279 S Ky Route 321
Hagerhill, KY 41222
(606) 789-1967 12.6 7-12
- Allen Grades: PK-12 | 162 students
103 Ball Park St
Allen, KY 41601
(606) 874-8328 8.8 PK-12
- Orlando Grades: K-12 | 320 students
8624 A D Mims Road
Orlando, FL 32818
(407) 292-8481 627.6 K-12
- Waldorf Grades: PK-12 | 43 students
4200 OLD WASHINGTON ROAD
Waldorf, MD 20602
(301) 843-3887 332.5 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.