The Piarist School
Academics and Faculty
School Shirt (polo) and Navy or Black Pants
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Team, Chess Club, Knights for Christ, Literature League, School Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- OUTREACH: Piarist Outreach completes the mission of the school. The complement of our academic endeavors, Outreach connects those in need here in Eastern Kentucky with the help offered by others throughout The United States. Outreach is led by Mrs. Audrey Collins. Throughout the year, numerous benefactors send gifts of clothing, canned food, school supplies, Christmas gifts and other items needed here in Appalachia. The school provides the school supplies to the students and Mrs. Collins works with numerous churches and local social service organizations to distribute the food and clothing to the needy. Each year the Outreach Program, through the aid of numerous groups, provides Christmas gifts to underpirviledged children from three different counties. This program is expanding each year. The school also hosts a number of volunteer groups who come to Eastern Kentucky in order to repair and paint houses, build wheelchair ramps and complete other projects as needed. These volunteers are usually housed at The Oddfellows Youth Camp in Prestonsburg, KY which Mrs. Collins serves as the volunteer caretaker. Perhaps the most telling facet of our Outreach Program is the number of parishes and volunteers wanting to work with the school from around the country. Numerous parishes contact Mrs. Collins to coordinate donations, be it supplies for the people of this area, our students or time and effort from the parishioners who travel to this area and work hands on with the people we serve. The Piarist School Outreach Program could not exist without the generosity of these wonderful people from around the country. The Piarist School believes this church interaction to be integral to the accomplishment of our mission in Kentucky.
- ATHLETICS:: Our former Athletic Director, Theresa Kelly, started our participation in the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) in the spring of 1997, and in the Three Rivers Conference the following fall. Since then our school has fielded teams in such sports as Softball (1997), Men's and Women's Cross Country, Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's Golf, Women's Golf and Track and Field (2001), Soccer (2006), and most recently Volleyball. Our present athletic director is Kevin Tackett and the school fields teams in high school and middle school Volleyball and Basketball. A new gym has been built on campus.
- ACTIVITIES: The three most popular activities at the school are Academic Team, Science Olympiad, and Drama Club. Students are free to begin their own clubs and activities, with a faculty sponsor, such as the Chess Club or Knights for Christ, our popular Christian prayer organization started two years ago. Hopefully, more groups will become more active, especially the Drama Club as it separates from the curriculum and the Computer Club with the advent of the new website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Piarist School?
The acceptance rate of The Piarist School is 50%, which is lower than the national average of 93%. The Piarist School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Kentucky with low acceptance rates.
What sports does The Piarist School offer?
The Piarist School offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country and Volleyball.
What is The Piarist School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Piarist School?
The application deadline for The Piarist School is Jul. 31.
Endorse The Piarist School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards