- The Piarist School is a small, tuition-free, private, Catholic college-preparatory school for students in grades 6-12, which is located in Hagerhill, Johnson County, Kentucky.
- The school is open to all students. The School provides a college preparatory education, involving the development of an educational community which includes parents, teachers, students, and members of the local community as co-workers in promoting the physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth of the students.
- The school is not just a place for the conveyance of subject matter to objects to be educated, but is one where the creativity needed for continuous renewal of society thrives and where formal and in-formal education are so integrated that the school becomes a center for social and cultural activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 13%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1440|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School Shirt (polo) and Navy or Black Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition free. Students buy some books and uniform shirts ~ $100 per year.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rev. Thomas Carroll, Sch.P.|
|Admissions Associate||Natasha Collins-Lynn|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Dance, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Chess Club, Drama Club, Knights for Christ, School Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Yearbook Academic Team, Chess Club, Drama Club, Yearbook, Knights for Christ,
- OUTREACH: Piarist Outreach completes the mission of the school. The complement of our academic endeavors, Outreach connects those in need here in Eastern Kentucky with the help offered by others throughout The United States. Outreach is led by Mrs. Audrey Collins. Throughout the year, numerous benefactors send gifts of clothing, canned food, school supplies, Christmas gifts and other items needed here in Appalachia. The school provides the school supplies to the students and Mrs. Collins works with numerous churches and local social service organizations to distribute the food and clothing to the needy. Each year the Outreach Program, through the aid of numerous groups, provides Christmas gifts to underpirviledged children from three different counties. This program is expanding each year. The school also hosts a number of volunteer groups who come to Eastern Kentucky in order to repair and paint houses, build wheelchair ramps and complete other projects as needed. These volunteers are usually housed at The Oddfellows Youth Camp in Prestonsburg, KY which Mrs. Collins serves as the volunteer caretaker. Perhaps the most telling facet of our Outreach Program is the number of parishes and volunteers wanting to work with the school from around the country. Numerous parishes contact Mrs. Collins to coordinate donations, be it supplies for the people of this area, our students or time and effort from the parishioners who travel to this area and work hands on with the people we serve. The Piarist School Outreach Program could not exist without the generosity of these wonderful people from around the country. The Piarist School believes this church interaction to be integral to the accomplishment of our mission in Kentucky.
- ATHLETICS:: Our former Athletic Director, Theresa Kelly, started our participation in the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) in the spring of 1997, and in the Three Rivers Conference the following fall. Since then our school has fielded teams in such sports as Softball (1997), Men's and Women's Cross Country, Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's Golf, Women's Golf and Track and Field (2001), Soccer (2006), and most recently Volleyball. Our present athletic director is Kevin Tackett and the school fields teams in high school and middle school Volleyball and Basketball.
- ACTIVITIES: The three most popular activities at the school are Academic Team, Science Olympiad, and Drama Club. Students are free to begin their own clubs and activities, with a faculty sponsor, such as the Chess Club or Knights for Christ, our popular Christian prayer organization started two years ago. Hopefully, more groups will become more active, especially the Drama Club as it separates from the curriculum and the Computer Club with the advent of the new website.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DavidGrades: 9-12 | 45 students
Po Box 1
David, KY 41616
Pippa PassesGrades: PK-12 | 157 students
100 Purpose Rd
Pippa Passes, KY 41844
AllenGrades: PK-12 | 168 students
Po Box 454
Allen, KY 41601
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.