The Piarist School
- The Piarist School is a small, tuition-free, private, Catholic college-preparatory school for students in grades 7-12, which is located in Hagerhill, Johnson County, Kentucky.
- The school is open to all students. The School provides a college preparatory education, involving the development of an educational community which includes parents, teachers, students, and members of the local community as co-workers in promoting the physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth of the students.
- The school is not just a place for the conveyance of subject matter to objects to be educated, but is one where the creativity needed for continuous renewal of society thrives and where formal and in-formal education are so integrated that the school becomes a center for social and cultural activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1440|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Shirt (polo) and Navy or Black Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 31|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition free. Students buy some books and uniform shirts ~ $100 per year.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rev. Thomas Carroll, Sch.P.|
|Admissions Associate||Natasha Collins-Lynn|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Chess Club, Knights for Christ, Literature League, School Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- OUTREACH: Piarist Outreach completes the mission of the school. The complement of our academic endeavors, Outreach connects those in need here in Eastern Kentucky with the help offered by others throughout The United States. Outreach is led by Mrs. Audrey Collins. Throughout the year, numerous benefactors send gifts of clothing, canned food, school supplies, Christmas gifts and other items needed here in Appalachia. The school provides the school supplies to the students and Mrs. Collins works with numerous churches and local social service organizations to distribute the food and clothing to the needy. Each year the Outreach Program, through the aid of numerous groups, provides Christmas gifts to underpirviledged children from three different counties. This program is expanding each year. The school also hosts a number of volunteer groups who come to Eastern Kentucky in order to repair and paint houses, build wheelchair ramps and complete other projects as needed. These volunteers are usually housed at The Oddfellows Youth Camp in Prestonsburg, KY which Mrs. Collins serves as the volunteer caretaker. Perhaps the most telling facet of our Outreach Program is the number of parishes and volunteers wanting to work with the school from around the country. Numerous parishes contact Mrs. Collins to coordinate donations, be it supplies for the people of this area, our students or time and effort from the parishioners who travel to this area and work hands on with the people we serve. The Piarist School Outreach Program could not exist without the generosity of these wonderful people from around the country. The Piarist School believes this church interaction to be integral to the accomplishment of our mission in Kentucky.
- ATHLETICS:: Our former Athletic Director, Theresa Kelly, started our participation in the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) in the spring of 1997, and in the Three Rivers Conference the following fall. Since then our school has fielded teams in such sports as Softball (1997), Men's and Women's Cross Country, Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's Golf, Women's Golf and Track and Field (2001), Soccer (2006), and most recently Volleyball. Our present athletic director is Kevin Tackett and the school fields teams in high school and middle school Volleyball and Basketball. A new gym has been built on campus.
- ACTIVITIES: The three most popular activities at the school are Academic Team, Science Olympiad, and Drama Club. Students are free to begin their own clubs and activities, with a faculty sponsor, such as the Chess Club or Knights for Christ, our popular Christian prayer organization started two years ago. Hopefully, more groups will become more active, especially the Drama Club as it separates from the curriculum and the Computer Club with the advent of the new website.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- David Grades: 8-12 | 50 students
352 Success Bound Rd
David, KY 41616
(606)886-8374 12.6 8-12
- Pippa Passes Grades: PK-12 | 156 students
100 Purpose Rd
Pippa Passes, KY 41844
(606)368-6108 29.6 PK-12
- Lost Creek Grades: K-12 | 66 students
Lost Creek, KY 41348
(606)666-2359 36.2 K-12
- Allen Grades: PK-12 | 162 students
Po Box 454
Allen, KY 41601
(606)874-8328 10.5 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.