The Foundations Montessori
Tel: (281) 240-0010
Established in November 2016, we are an American Montessori Society (AMS) recognized school, on the pathway to accreditation.
Inspired by the philosophy of Dr Maria Montessori, we strive to create strong foundations for life, in each child in our care.
Our goal is to help nurture children to be compassionate, independent, caring individuals who will be our future citizens and leaders.
We believe that each child can be lovingly encouraged to achieve and grow to their fullest potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At TFM, we are dedicated to bringing high quality education and care to the communities around us. We follow the guidelines of the American Montessori Society to establish our curriculum, our programs, teacher training, and policies. We are a local chapter of Kids for Peace, a global 501(c) 3 organization, which promotes peace education for young children through many programs throughout the year.
- The hallmarks of an authentic Montessori school include the incorporation of outdoor learning within the teaching curriculum, a focus on general etiquette such as courtesy, and grace. We believe this makes the children feel confident, independent and eager to participate. Through various programs, we develop a strong respect for cultural diversity, community and the environment.We strive to help our students realize their potential as they enter the sensitive periods of development. As advocates of the Montessori philosophy, we believe in offering opportunities of the development of the whole child. Providing space and freedom for each child to learn and follow their interests at their own pace.
- We also offer outdoor learning experiences such as morning yoga and gardening as part of our curriculum to allow the children to explore the world around them. This enables their absorbent mind to develop and grow through practical experience.We also believe in creating a strong partnership between parents and teachers to provide a holistic environment for the child’s development.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to The Foundations Montessori is Fellowship Christian Academy (3.7 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is Park Point Montessori (2.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-2 | 19 students
15001 Beechnut St
Houston, TX 77083
(281) 564-1004 2.9 PK-2
- Houston Grades: PK-2 | 163 students
14880 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77083
(281) 575-9400 3.6 PK-2
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.