The Goddard School of Ashburn @ Belmont Greene
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Welcome to the Goddard School of Ashburn at Belmont Greene! We offer an enriching, nurturing Infant-Private Kindergarten experience that meets the highest standards and follows the best practices in early childhood education.
- We are accredited by Cognia (formerly AdvancED) and recognized by Loudoun County Public Schools. Each class is taught by highly qualified, loving teachers.
- The health and safety of our students and staff are our highest priority. We constantly engage in thorough sanitation practices, and even include hand washing and personal hygiene as a part of our curriculum!
- We are pleased to offer both full-time and part-time programs. Learn more about our SAME program for K-3 students during school closures!
- We are now enrolling for Summer Camp! Take a look at our fun-filled Summer Camp calendar!
- We welcome new families all year long! Feel free to follow our fun on Facebook. Please call us for more information, or to schedule a virtual tour. We look forward to getting to know you!
The Goddard School of Ashburn @ Belmont Greene places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language Based Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We understand that tuition is a factor in choosing your educational child care. In order for you to obtain the most accurate information, and for us to gain a full understanding of your family’s needs, let’s schedule a meeting or call.|
|Admissions Director||Miss Anna|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
ASL Enrichment, Spanish Enrichment, Yoga Enrichment
Recreational Athletic Programs:
OUR ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS:
- MUSIC & MOVEMENT: Studies have shown that music stimulates children's brains while helping them to express their feelings, investigate rhythm, and explore other cultures. Our students obtain musical literacy through innovative, fun activities and active participation in sing-alongs, dances, and interdisciplinary lessons with music incorporated throughout the school day.
- ART APPRECIATION/ART HISTORY: Through "Trampoline Learning Programs for Young Minds," young children learn about the most influential artists throughout history. Teachers use age-appropriate art projects, games, and activities to expose children to art from prehistoric and ancient times through the art of the 20th century. Additionally, students participate in hands-on art activities several times a week to promote creativity and expression.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS AND NUTRITION: Our school uses the "Goddard B.A.S.E. (Balance, Agility, Strength, and Endurance) Fitness Program" to expose children to the skills necessary to support their active lives, to develop positive self-esteem, and to set the foundation for a healthy lifestyle. Goddard's fitness program also incorporates a nutrition component by teaching children how to make healthy food choices. Children learn to identify various foods, investigate food ethnicity, and observe the physical changes that can take place in foods during preparation and digestion.
- SIGN LANGUAGE: Through Goddard`s "Time to Sign Program," our teachers introduce children to American Sign Language (ASL). Children, even infants, learn to sign through the use of songs, games stories, and play. Recent findings indicate that a bilingual approach with hearing children enhances literacy skills and activates brain growth and development. Sign Language has also been shown to reduce conflict, facilitate an understanding of human emotions, and increase children's confidence and self-esteem.
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE: "Trampoline Learning Programs for Young Minds" introduces children to the Spanish language and culture. With hundreds of games, songs, and activities, our provides hours of learning and fun. Every class is exposed to different cultures, promoting empathy in the minds of our young children.
- LANGUAGE ARTS: Our school uses Scholastic's "Building Language for Literacy" program to equip young children with the critical language, literacy skills, and experiences they need to build the foundation for success in reading. This program is built upon children's home and community experiences to create meaningful connections in a fun way.
- MANNERS: "The Goddard Guide to Getting Along" is our innovative program to foster essential skills of: Friendship, Compassion, Cooperation, and Kindness. The program incorporates a variety of activities that inspire thoughtful discussion, provide practice on an individual and group level, and include class-wide, school-wide, and community-wide opportunities for skill building at an age-appropriate level, even as young as 18 months.
- MATH: The Goddard School math curriculum's purpose is to enable students to classify, sequence, pattern, and understand numerical concepts. It is also used as a tool to develop appropriate, hands-on math experiences for children. Our teachers prepare students for higher-level mathematical thinking through their emphasis on number sense.
- SCIENCE: The Goddard School science curriculum's goal is to provide children the opportunity to observe, record, and compare the results of activities, experiments, and natural phenomena. Even our youngest students participate in the scientific method through hands-on activities, like observing weather and STEAM building challenges.
- YOGA: Our yoga program, "Yogaroo" is a cross-curricular learning experience that helps younger learners improve focus, balance, creativity, flexibility, body awareness, and control. Our students love learning new yoga poses related to our weekly themes!
- 21ST CENTURY SKILLS: Experts say that young children should have no more than an hour of screen time per day. We maximize our technology use so that students are applying learning while gaining 21st century skills. iPads are located in all classrooms for children 2 1/2 years to 10 years. In addition, each class has scheduled times that they visit our resource room, which features a Promethean Board, several iPads, and a computer.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburn Grades: NS-3 | 37 students
20300 Bowfonds St
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703)729-7200 0.2 NS-3
- Ashburn Grades: NS-PK
43323 Railstop Ter
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703)729-5680 1.6 NS-PK
The Goddard School of Ashburn @ Belmont Greene is a truly incredible learning community. The administrators and teachers truly care about my child, and he has learned a lot in the years that he has been there. I especially love their emphasis on STEAM, manners, and learning through play. I would highly recommend to friends and family!
- Posted by Parent - Johnny's Mom
I have worked at this school for years, and love the warm, safe educational environment. The staff care about each other and their students. The school is well-lit, well-sanitized, and filled with the sound of soft instrumental music and children's laughter. I have loved working here and highly recommend to friends and family.
- Posted by Teacher - Pre-K Teacher
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.