The Lead School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (636) 447-5100
The Lead School is an independent alternative to traditional public school settings.
Based in St. Charles, Missouri, The Lead School provides an intensive academic program within a safe supportive environment.
The Lead School offers a special education day school program for boys and girls ages 5 21 who have emotional disabilities, who are on the autism spectrum and/or who have multiple disabilities that interfere with their enrollment in regular school programs.
Students also may have secondary problems, such as learning disabilities, health impairments, attention deficit disorder, and/or speech and language difficulties.
The Lead School is an approved private agency with The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Students are typically referred by their local education agencies through the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process.
The Lead School places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Dawn Franzen|
- e Lead School strives daily to ensure students are receiving an unrivaled education not only to prepare them for future endeavors but also to challenge them in a way that is as effective as it is enjoyable. These tools encourage students to grasp next level concepts while helping inspire them to realize routine is not always the standard. Teachers at The Lead School use a variety of instructional materials and methods throughout the school day to ensure student involvement and learning. Students have the ability to collaborate with other classmates on a school based level, allowing them to confront and resolve complex challenged-based projects as a team, while also absorbing crucial, lifelong techniques that will be used in and outside of the classroom all while enjoying themselves. At the Lead School, Teachers drive all instruction. All teachers at The Lead School are certified special educators. Instruction at The Lead School is delivered using the Gradual Release of Responsibility method. The Gradual Release of Responsibility method (I do, We do, You do) is a successful approach for moving classroom instruction from teacher-centered, whole-group delivery to student centered collaboration moving on to independent practice. Teachers spend the day providing direct instruction in the core classes: Math, Science, Social Studies and English.
- We currently have two programs: The Keys Program for Autism and The Bridges Behavioral Program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Peters Grades: 9-12 | 13 students
255 Spencer Rd Ste 102
Saint Peters, MO 63376
(636) 922-5191 3.9 9-12
- Saint Charles Grades: NS-8 | 531 students
115 S 6th St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636) 946-0051 4 NS-8
- Saint Charles Grades: PK-8 | 331 students
#1 Seton Court
Saint Charles, MO 63303
(636) 946-6716 1.9 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: 6-12 | 94 students
9137 Old Bonhomme Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63132
(314) 323-8011 11.5 6-12
Great administration, faculty, staff, and students. You will not be disappointed to send your children to this school. The Lead School cares about each and every student and meet their individual needs. The students are amazing and a really fun place.
- Posted by Teacher - Elizabeth Wiethop
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.