The Light House (Lighthouse Voc-ed Center Inc.)
- The Learning Campus is a state-approved special education school addressing the social, emotional, behavioral, and academic needs of students ages 7 to 21 with significant intellectual and developmental differences.
- Functional, student-centered academics and behavioral supports are combined with community-based programming in order to promote development in areas of social communication, pre-vocational skills, daily living, and self-regulation.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual Disabilities, and Multiple Disabilities, along with social, emotional, and behavioral needs|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Admission is based on recommendation from a student's public school district (LEA)|
Full educational experience integrating core academics through individualized curricula:
- Yoga, art and music therapy
- Activities such as kayaking and swimming
- Adaptive physical education
- Sensory integration programs/ sensory space
- Imbedded daily living skills and personal care
- Assistive Tech supports
- Work-based learning experiences
- Pre-vocational job training
- Community participation and navigation
- Transportation training
- Applied life skills and independent living
- Transitional support
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Haven Grades: 6-12 | 44 students
446a Blake St Ste 100
New Haven, CT 06515
(203)468-5316 44.1 6-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.