The Light House (Lighthouse Voc-ed Center Inc.)
- The Learning Campus is a state-approved special education school addressing the social, emotional, behavioral, and academic needs of students ages 7 to 21 with significant intellectual and developmental differences.
- Functional, student-centered academics and behavioral supports are combined with community-based programming in order to promote development in areas of social communication, pre-vocational skills, daily living, and self-regulation.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual Disabilities, and Multiple Disabilities, along with social, emotional, and behavioral needs|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Admission is based on recommendation from a student's public school district (LEA)|
Full educational experience integrating core academics through individualized curricula:
- Yoga, art and music therapy
- Activities such as kayaking and swimming
- Adaptive physical education
- Sensory integration programs/ sensory space
- Imbedded daily living skills and personal care
- Assistive Tech supports
- Work-based learning experiences
- Pre-vocational job training
- Community participation and navigation
- Transportation training
- Applied life skills and independent living
- Transitional support
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Haven Grades: 6-12 | 44 students
446a Blake St Ste 100
New Haven, CT 06515
(203)468-5316 44.1 6-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.