Sacred Heart School
- Sacred Heart School is an educational ministry of Sacred Heart Parish in Groton, Connecticut.
- It is a private co-educational school of the Diocese of Norwich for the purpose of providing a quality education based on the teachings and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- At Sacred Heart School we provide a robust curriculum that builds upon a foundation established by the 3 Rs to create a well-rounded environment that sets the stage for continued educational achievement.
- The parents, teachers, staff, and administration of Sacred Heart School work together to educate our children to facilitate their development into moral, productive, and compassionate members of society.
- In creating a Catholic faith-based environment, we believe it is through each child's unique learning styles and abilities that we come to truly experience the Gospel values.
- Sacred Heart School exists for the purpose of guiding its students toward Catholic, faith-based values and morals, academic excellence, creative expression, responsible citizenship, and physical development.
- It provides a steadfast foundation for the continuing growth of each individual, keeping Jesus at the heart of all that is taught.
- Instruction is authentic in doctrine and contemporary in presentation. Through a nurturing environment, each child is helped to discover his/her talents and to develop self-confidence to the best of his/her God-given abilities.
- Respect and love for oneself and for others, as well as a sense of social responsibility are lived and learned in Sacred Heart's faith community.
- Knowledge of God, of life, and of diverse cultures are offered to prepare students to effectively meet the challenges and opportunities of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North StoningtonGrades: PK-12 | 130 students
12 Stillman Rd
North Stonington, CT 06359
- New LondonGrades: PK-6 | 46 students
660 Ocean Ave
New London, CT 06320
- NorwichGrades: K-9 | 118 students
120 Cliff St
Norwich, CT 06360
- PawcatuckGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
63 Liberty St
Pawcatuck, CT 06379
- StoningtonGrades: PK-9 | 198 students
89 Barnes Rd
Stonington, CT 06378
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.