- Sacred Heart School is an educational ministry of Sacred Heart Parish in Groton, Connecticut.
- It is a private co-educational school of the Diocese of Norwich for the purpose of providing a quality education based on the teachings and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- At Sacred Heart School we provide a robust curriculum that builds upon a foundation established by the 3 Rs to create a well-rounded environment that sets the stage for continued educational achievement.
- The parents, teachers, staff, and administration of Sacred Heart School work together to educate our children to facilitate their development into moral, productive, and compassionate members of society.
- In creating a Catholic faith-based environment, we believe it is through each child's unique learning styles and abilities that we come to truly experience the Gospel values.
- Sacred Heart School exists for the purpose of guiding its students toward Catholic, faith-based values and morals, academic excellence, creative expression, responsible citizenship, and physical development.
- It provides a steadfast foundation for the continuing growth of each individual, keeping Jesus at the heart of all that is taught.
- Instruction is authentic in doctrine and contemporary in presentation. Through a nurturing environment, each child is helped to discover his/her talents and to develop self-confidence to the best of his/her God-given abilities.
- Respect and love for oneself and for others, as well as a sense of social responsibility are lived and learned in Sacred Heart's faith community.
- Knowledge of God, of life, and of diverse cultures are offered to prepare students to effectively meet the challenges and opportunities of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
North StoningtonGrades: PK-12 | 130 students
12 Stillman Rd
North Stonington, CT 06359
NorwichGrades: K-9 | 118 students
120 Cliff St
Norwich, CT 06360
New LondonGrades: PK-6 | 46 students
660 Ocean Ave
New London, CT 06320
New LondonGrades: PK-8 | 120 students
16 Huntington Street
New London, CT 06320
PawcatuckGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
63 Liberty St
Pawcatuck, CT 06379
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.