North Stonington Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- North Stonington Christian Academy is a private Christian school, offering grades Pre-K through 12.
- We are set in a quiet rural location minutes off of I-95.
- We serve the area of SE Connecticut as well as southern Rhode Island.
- We offer quality Christian education, small class size, and a family atmosphere.
- We use the ABeka Christian curriculum and offer extra-curricular programs including basketball, soccer, running club, private music instruction, drama, high school chorus, etc.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K tuition scaled according to number of full or half days attending. Additional fees: Resource Fee, Technology Fee (grades 7-12)|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pamela B. Wilkinson|
|Admissions Associate||Sue Cameron|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- NSCA was founded in 1981 as a ministry of the Second Baptist Church of North Stonington. The educational program is designed to provide a quality education for those who meet the admission requirements.
- Our objectives are: To lead each student to personal faith in Christ as Savior and Lord, To teach the Bible as the inspired, authoritative Word of God and assist students to apply biblical principles to every aspect of life, To help each student develop a lifestyle that is distinctly Christian in thought and action, To encourage each student to strive for the highest academic achievement within his potential, To promote physical fitness, good health habits, and wise use of the body as the temple of God, To encourage positive self-esteem and instill a desire in each student to fully develop his unique God-given talents and interests, To instill within each student a love of country and appreciation of our American heritage.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Groton Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
50 Sacred Heart Drive
Groton, CT 06340
(860)445-0611 13.1 PK-8
- Middletown Grades: 9-12 | 572 students
1740 Randolph Road
Middletown, CT 06457
(860)346-6659 43.6 9-12
- New London Grades: K-8 | 159 students
25 Squire St
New London, CT 06320
(860)442-1720 14.7 K-8
- New London Grades: PK-4 | 34 students
660 Ocean Ave
New London, CT 06320
(860)443-5589 15 PK-4
- Norwich Grades: NS-9 | 118 students
120 Cliff St
Norwich, CT 06360
(860)887-4565 13.3 NS-9
Great school if you are looking for a home/family atmosphere. Principal, staff, Teachers are passionate about children and teaching and will help child excel in all areas in any way they can.
- Posted by Parent - magui
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.