- North Stonington Christian Academy is a private Christian school, offering grades Pre-K through 12.
- We are set in a quiet rural location minutes off of I-95.
- We serve the area of SE Connecticut as well as southern Rhode Island.
- We offer quality Christian education, small class size, and a family atmosphere.
- We use the ABeka Christian curriculum and offer extra-curricular programs including basketball, soccer, running club, private music instruction, drama, high school chorus, etc.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K tuition scaled according to number of full or half days attending. Additional fees: Resource Fee, Technology Fee (grades 7-12)|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pamela B. Wilkinson|
|Admissions Associate||Lynda J. Finkbeiner|
- NSCA was founded in 1981 as a ministry of the Second Baptist Church of North Stonington. The educational program is designed to provide a quality education for those who meet the admission requirements.
- Our objectives are: To lead each student to personal faith in Christ as Savior and Lord, To teach the Bible as the inspired, authoritative Word of God and assist students to apply biblical principles to every aspect of life, To help each student develop a lifestyle that is distinctly Christian in thought and action, To encourage each student to strive for the highest academic achievement within his potential, To promote physical fitness, good health habits, and wise use of the body as the temple of God, To encourage positive self-esteem and instill a desire in each student to fully develop his unique God-given talents and interests, To instill within each student a love of country and appreciation of our American heritage.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GrotonGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
50 Sacred Heart Drive
Groton, CT 06340
North KingstownGrades: K-9 | 182 students
475 School St
North Kingstown, RI 02852
PawcatuckGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
63 Liberty St
Pawcatuck, CT 06379
StoningtonGrades: PK-9 | 198 students
89 Barnes Rd
Stonington, CT 06378
NorwichGrades: PK-8 | 89 students
35 Wawecus Hill Rd
Norwich, CT 06360
Great school if you are looking for a home/family atmosphere. Principal, staff, Teachers are passionate about children and teaching and will help child excel in all areas in any way they can.
- Posted by Parent - magui
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.