- Grades: 3-4
- Enrollment: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Solomon Schechter Academy was founded in 1973 by a group of dedicated parents and community members who believed in the need for a quality Jewish day school in the region. They envisioned a school where children could receive an excellent education not only in the secular disciplines but also in Jewish history, texts, religious practice and Hebrew. While we embrace egalitarian Conservative Judaism in matters of religious observance, we welcome children from all Jewish backgrounds and teach respect for all Judaic views and practices. The school started with only six students and this year SSA will be celebrating it's 36th anniversary. Solomon Schechter Academy prepares our students for a lifetime of learning. We nurture in our children a positive Jewish identity, healthy self-esteem, and a sense of responsibility for themselves and their world. SSA is the educational choice for Jewish families seeking a stimulating, supportive, and enjoyable start for their children's formal schooling years. The program and facilities encourage intellectual development in a secure, individualized atmosphere, which fosters the child's natural curiosity and instills pride and confidence in his or her Jewish identity.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Solomon Schechter Academy?
Endorse Solomon Schechter Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards