Pine Point School
- Students at Pine Point School actively engage in developing a strong academic and ethical core, a lifelong curiosity about their world, and a commitment to reaching solutions creatively, collaboratively, and compassionately. Pine Point Core Values Respect: We value ourselves, as well as a diversity of people, places, and opinions.
- Integrity: We value lives of honesty and sincerity. Moral Courage: We value doing the right thing when no one is watching and when everyone is watching.
- Excellence: We value the need to challenge ourselves to reach our fullest potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
National Middle School Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(solid polo tops and khaki, black, or blue bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Over $650,000 in financial support for qualified families|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Chris Hibbard|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
Dance, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
G.I.V.E. Student Philanthropy, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Lower School Chorus, Middle School Band, Middle School Dance Ensemble, Middle School Musical, TEAL (singing group)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Pouncing Panthers Jump Rope Team
- Our school is structured as preschool through ninth grade to provide the best possible educational foundation for children. We help our students develop positive intellectual, social, and emotional habits during their most formative years. Our teachers foster in students a joy for learning and a sense of inquiry that is sustained throughout their years at Pine Point. And as students progress and choose to take more intellectual risks, teachers are with them every step of the way, building from their strengths and supporting them as they grow.
- We offer an innovative academic program that thoroughly prepares students to succeed in secondary school and beyond. While helping students master traditional skills and concepts is at the heart of our curriculum, we also take an interdisciplinary approach to learning that encourages students to explore the relationships between areas of knowledge. Pine Point teachers work collaboratively to integrate content from many subject areas, and as students compare different ways of thinking and recognize patterns across disciplines, they also learn to grasp concepts deeply and reach solutions creatively. This interdisciplinary curriculum is bolstered by a wealth of opportunities to apply coursework outside of the classroom. Perhaps our most unique resource for experiential learning is our beautiful 67-acre campus which is nestled in the woods and located a few minutes from the shoreline. From second graders raising plants in our greenhouse for a local food bank, to sixth graders venturing out to the pond to test for dissolved oxygen levels, to ninth graders completing biology labs aboard our boat, Quest, in Little Narragansett Bay, students have learning experiences that not only help them more deeply engage with academic content but also develop a love for the natural world and an abiding sense of place.
- But above all else, what makes Pine Point such a special place is our school`s strong sense of community. Students are not merely faces in the hallway or names on a class roster. At Pine Point, they are truly known by all members of the community. These connections are not accidental; rather, relationships flourish because of our emphasis on character development, social and emotional growth, and our commitment to our core values: respect, integrity, moral courage, and excellence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Quaker Hill Grades: 3-12 | 42 students
78 Hunts Brook Rd
Quaker Hill, CT 06375
(860)442-9454 13.9 3-12
- Groton Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
50 Sacred Heart Drive
Groton, CT 06340
(860)445-0611 9.5 PK-8
- New London Grades: K-8 | 159 students
25 Squire St
New London, CT 06320
(860)442-1720 11.1 K-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.