The Montessori School Of Northampton
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (413) 586-4538
- The Montessori School Of Northampton is firmly rooted in Maria Montessori's philosophy as it applies to today's world.
- The school provides an exceptional education with a comprehensive curriculum, covered at a pace and sequence adapted for a variety of learning styles; emphasizes compassion, inclusiveness and respectful resolution of conflict; and promotes the interrelatedness of everything in the world and its people.
- By following this mission, the Montessori School of Northampton strives to prepare Well-educated inquisitive students, Effective, self-directed learners, Caring and confident human beings participating in their home communities, Engaged, informed and responsible citizens of the global community.
- The Montessori School of Northampton is dedicated to and inspired by the principles and ideas of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Dr. Montessori, the first woman to be trained as a physician in Italy, developed a comprehensive method of early education based on years of observation and study of young children.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
State or regional independent school association
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,896|
|Tuition Notes||Half day programs: $7375 $9185 $10056 $10927 Elementary: $1310|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,882|
|Admissions Director||Laura Frogameni|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holyoke Grades: PK-8 | 114 students
1810 Northampton St
Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 532-4272 9 PK-8
- South Hadley Grades: PK-3 | 144 students
27 Morgan St
South Hadley, MA 01075
(413) 533-9819 6.1 PK-3
We have found MSN to be a total game-changer in the education of our children. At the previous private school they attended, they were not challenged or allowed to learn at their own pace. The skillful Montessori teachers are able to respond to each child`s individual needs, respecting their differences, and making space for them to learn at their own pace. They cultivate engaged learners, who are active participants in their own education, even in elementary school. The extra curriculars are very good, and the community is warm and welcoming. We could not be happier!
- Posted by Parent - Lower El Parent
MSN is an exceptional school for toddlers all the way through Middle School. Our family is so happy here and have experienced the program from Kindergarten through 6th grade so far. The opportunities for each of our children to grow and learn at their own pace has been a key aspect for our family. In our local public school, our kids were bored and underchallenged and unhappy. Now they look forward to school and learning and embrace the challenges presented to them in such creative ways. The school has an integrated social justice curriculum and is an inclusive and welcoming community. A Montessori education instills children with the skills to think for themselves, problem solve, make decisions and self lead. MSN facilitates all of this through it`s incredible teachers and staff. That`s why we are here. We couldn`t be happier with MSN.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Elementary students
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.