The Overfield School
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Beth Poronsky|
|Admissions Associate||Erin Johnston|
- At Overfield, we believe that children enter the world with:
- inquisitiveness, inventiveness and individuality.
- We foster their inquisitiveness with an emerging curriculum that draws on children's natural curiosities.
- We encourage their inventiveness by offering problems to solve and materials to explore in open-ended ways.
- By encouraging their relationships with other children, teachers and families, we support their understanding of their own individuality, and of themselves as part of an interconnected community.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to The Overfield School is Tipp City Christian School (6.9 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is Troy Christian Elementary School (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Troy Grades: PK-6 | 606 students
1586 Mckaig Rd
Troy, OH 45373
(937) 339-5692 0.8 PK-6
- Troy Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
420 E Water St
Troy, OH 45373
(937) 339-3705 1.1 PK-8
- Troy Grades: NS-6 | 47 students
86 Troy Town Dr
Troy, OH 45373
(937) 339-0025 1.2 NS-6
- Tipp City Grades: NS-10 | 8 students
445 W Evanston Rd
Tipp City, OH 45371
(937) 667-9167 6.9 NS-10
- Piqua Grades: K-8 | 34 students
1306 Garbry Rd
Piqua, OH 45356
(937) 773-6979 7 K-8
Overfield is amazing! Because of the nurturing staff and the beautiful natural environment and location, my children have thrived here. My son asks every day if he gets to go to school today and is disappointed when he doesn't! A truly Reggio Emilia inspired environment. There is NOTHING else that compares to this Gem!
- Posted by Parent - enjoh
Overfield is a wonderful place for young children to learn and explore their creative sides. I would recommend to anyone with kids from 18 months to 6 years of age. Our daughter is in the first year there, but asks to go to school everyday (even though she goes once a week). We could not be more pleased. Best school in area by FAR!
- Posted by Parent - Lpala
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.