The Prairie School
- We believe a well-rounded education is the key to lifelong success. Our students are encouraged to pursue and achieve excellence in all things.
- Here your son or daughter will realize their dreams as a scholar, artist, athlete and leader.
- By capitalizing on the countless opportunities available to them at Prairie, every single student shapes an experience that prepares them to enter the next phase of their life capable and confident.
- Prairie graduates are creative problem solvers and outstanding communicators able to thrive in whatever endeavor they choose. Just imagine the possibilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||614 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,100|
|Tuition Notes||Program TuitionEarly School – 5 Full Days $8,950 Kindergarten – 5 full days $9,950 Grades 1 - 6 $14,465 Grades 7 - 12 $15,465|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Molly Lofquist Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Callie Atanasoff|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Key Club, School Newspaper, Student Advisory Board, Sustainability Committee|
Club or Organization:
Forensics, French Club, Honor Committee, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Model OAS, Model UN, Science Olympiad, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Student Government, Wilderness
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Directing, Fine Arts - Painting, Glassblowing, Orchestra/Jazz Ensemble, Photography, Technical, Theatre Arts - Acting
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Prairie School is a child-centered, college-preparatory day school whose mission is to educate our children, develop their individual talents, interests and abilities, and affirm their dignity and self-worth. We foster academic excellence, leadership and creativity, emphasizing individual success while also recognizing the importance of service to the community. We help young people develop their character: to grow as humane, tolerant, responsible, creative, well-schooled, and self-confident lifelong learners. We give students opportunities to succeed and experiences to help them grow - personally and academically.
- People that viewed The Prairie School also viewed these schools: Racine Montessori School, Trinity Lutheran School, St. Rita of Cascia School, Badger State Baptist School & Faith Baptist Church and Mukwonago Baptist Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RacineGrades: PK-8 | 192 students
2317 Howe St
Racine, WI 53403
- RacineGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
2035 Geneva St 65
Racine, WI 53402
- RacineGrades: K-8 | 254 students
4433 Douglas Ave
Racine, WI 53402
- Oak CreekGrades: PK-12 | 54 students
8519 South 13th Street
Oak Creek, WI 53154
- MukwonagoGrades: PK-12 | 28 students
1610 Honeywell Rd
Mukwonago, WI 53149
I like the little things at Prairie. It is and always has been about the kids. I like when the little wee wogs knock on the studio window to see what is new. It is always fun and informative when I talk to them about what I'm up to. In return, they share their opinions about my work, and I couldn't be more appreciative. --Artist in Residence
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bill Reid '73
I`m a junior this year and I`ve attended this school ever since I was five, starting all the way back in kindergarten with Mrs. Steffenson. Even though I`m one year off of being a true Prairie "lifer," I have treated this place as a second home; whether I`m recollecting childhood memories as I walk through the circular hallway surrounding the Giving Garden or eating and laughing in the dining room, Prairie has brought a sense of comfort, friendliness, and an unrivalled nurturing air for growth.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Prairie Junior
Prairie is not simply a school, but a community that supports every student and lifts up unparalleled academics as well as athletics, arts, leadership, and more.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 11th grader