Racine Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Racine Montessori School has enjoyed an excellent reputation in our community and the surrounding area since 1963.
- We are proud of our highly-qualified staff and of our curriculum, which nourishes the whole child, not just in academics, but also the conscience, independent spirit and gentleness of each child.
- We welcome as new students children of all races, nationalities and creeds.
- Taking prospective parents on tours through our school is one of my greatest joys! I know how precious your child is to you, and I want you to see how we value and love each child in our school.
- During a tour, visitors notice the quiet buzz of learning that takes place in our multi-aged classrooms.
- You will see the happiness and independence of the children as they choose their work.
- The respect the children have for each other, for adults, for classroom materials, and animals will also be apparent throughout the school.
- These classrooms are a wonderful and positive introduction to a lifetime of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Racine Grades: NS-8 | 144 students
912 Virginia St
Racine, WI 53405
(262)634-0961 2.7 NS-8
- Racine Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
2023 Northwestern Ave
Racine, WI 53404
(262)637-2012 2.6 PK-8
- Racine Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
1435 Grove Ave
Racine, WI 53405
(262)636-8040 1.6 PK-8
My son is in his third year at RMS. I cannot say enough good things about the school, the teachers, the administration, the methods- Everything. The rate at which he is learning far trumps what I was able to do in a public school setting. There is definitely something to be said about, "the Montessori way". Being a smaller school, and having children in three levels in one classroom, creates an environment of family. This environment extends to the parents as well. You won`t see any bullying, only kindness, empathy and a cooperative spirit.
- Posted by Parent - Runger4
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.