The Sandbox Inc
- Sandbox has been providing high quality child care in the community for over 39 years.
- Sandbox continues its commitment to excel in early care and education.
- Sandbox provides high quality childcare that supports children and parents through superior developmentally appropriate curriculums that correspond with each stage of development, nurturing children ages 6 weeks through 12 years.
- A variety of programs are offered, providing choices that assist each child in the cognitive, the social, the emotional and the physical development during the formative years.
- The sandbox believes that each child possesses great dignity, and deserves to be treated with respect, and that, in the proper environment, children will develop a love of learning and a learning to love self, friends, and the world around us.
- The goal of Sandbox School is to develop in all children a positive self-image and a sense of adventure in the search for knowledge.
- To provide developmental opportunities and experiences meeting the cognitive, the social, the emotional and physical needs of each child.
- To help each child adjust and become secure and happy, and self-confident in this new environment.
- To prepare the child for future schooling by allowing development at his/her individual pace.
- To provide quality care in a homelike atmosphere that is comfortable, safe and enjoyable for those children requiring part or all day care.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midlothian Grades: K | 14 students
14835 Hamlin Ave
Midlothian, IL 60445
(708)389-9660 0.6 K
- Posen Grades: 1-8 | 40 students
14418 S Mckinley Ave
Posen, IL 60469
(708)897-9332 1.1 1-8
- Markham Grades: K-6 | 9 students
3434 W 159th Street
Markham, IL 60428
(708)210-1767 1.6 K-6
- Blue Island Grades: 1-8 | 47 students
13801 Chatham St
Blue Island, IL 60406 1.9 1-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.