The Sandbox Inc
Tel: (708) 389-5682
- Sandbox has been providing high quality child care in the community for over 39 years.
- Sandbox continues its commitment to excel in early care and education.
- Sandbox provides high quality childcare that supports children and parents through superior developmentally appropriate curriculums that correspond with each stage of development, nurturing children ages 6 weeks through 12 years.
- A variety of programs are offered, providing choices that assist each child in the cognitive, the social, the emotional and the physical development during the formative years.
- The sandbox believes that each child possesses great dignity, and deserves to be treated with respect, and that, in the proper environment, children will develop a love of learning and a learning to love self, friends, and the world around us.
- The goal of Sandbox School is to develop in all children a positive self-image and a sense of adventure in the search for knowledge.
- To provide developmental opportunities and experiences meeting the cognitive, the social, the emotional and physical needs of each child.
- To help each child adjust and become secure and happy, and self-confident in this new environment.
- To prepare the child for future schooling by allowing development at his/her individual pace.
- To provide quality care in a homelike atmosphere that is comfortable, safe and enjoyable for those children requiring part or all day care.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midlothian Grades: K | 14 students
14835 Hamlin Ave
Midlothian, IL 60445
(708) 389-9660 0.6 K
- Posen Grades: 1-8 | 49 students
14418 S Mckinley Ave
Posen, IL 60469
(708) 206-0000 1.1 1-8
- Markham Grades: K-6 | 9 students
3434 W 159th Street
Markham, IL 60428
(708) 210-1767 1.6 K-6
- Blue Island Grades: 1-8 | 47 students
13801 Chatham St
Blue Island, IL 60406
(708) 206-0000 1.9 1-8
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?