The Sequoia Village Schoolhouse
The Sequoia Village Schoolhouse is a very small independent school in San Francisco dedicated to serving students with academic and social challenges. We believe that every child is exceptional and deserves an education as unique as they are! We provide a supportive environment with compassionate, highly-qualified special educators who are enthusiastic about teaching students with academic and social differences.
We believe that when children are embraced by peers and supported by teachers using research-based educational methods, they can reach their true potential.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Students: 6 students
- Yearly Tuition: $36,500
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- All Sequoia trees start out as a tiny seed, but given the right environment, nutrients and protection, they grow to become the tallest trees on Earth. The same is true for our students, under the right conditions they grow roots and blossom. It takes a village to raise a child, which is why we believe it is crucial for schools to collaborate with service providers and families to navigate the challenges while celebrating the successes for each student.
Profile last updated:
Endorse The Sequoia Village Schoolhouse. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
Choosing Schools: Reach, Match and Safe Schools
Always answer this question honestly: what is the school looking for? Is my child a match for their requirements? This article shows you how to get that important match right.
Don't Just Look at Price!
Identifying schools which fit your requirements includes dealing with paying for that education. But don't just look at price.