Town & Country Montessori School
At Town and Country Montessori we believe that each child is a unique individual.
We follow the curriculum developed by Maria Montessori to enable each child to reach his full potential in a warm and supportive environment.
We promote caring and respect for oneself, others, the environment, and the community.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 30 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Town and Country Montessori School, Inc. is an American Montessori Society affiliate school, and a Member of the Montessori Schools of Connecticut. Town and Country Montessori School is fully licensed by the State of Connecticut.
- Our low teacher/student ratio of 1:10 supports each child's individualized program of lessons. All of our Directresses are American Montessori Society trained with the insight to meet the needs of each child's unique learning style. The school supports staff members in their continued learning by encouraging attendance of Montessori conferences and workshops throughout the year.
- Our community of families draws from Wilton, and other surrounding towns including: Redding, Ridgefield, Weston, Westport, New Canaan, Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, and Rowayton.
- They share the common vision of a Montessori education for their children and the belief of the interdependence of student, school, and home draw them to Town and Country Montessori.
- Parents will remark on the strong bonds of friendships formed with one another during their time at this small, intimate school. Parent hosted monthly gatherings provide time for parents to connect and share experiences with one another. Parents are further supported through parent education evenings sponsored by Town and Country Montessori. We welcome our parents to become involved with the school both inside the classroom and among the school community through accepting one of the many volunteer opportunities available each year.
As a Montessori alum myself, I am a huge advocate of the philosophies and methodologies inherent in the Montessori curriculum. I know first-hand the benefits of teaching children to think creatively and independently. Our children were enrolled in another Montessori program when they turned 2.5 and 3, respectively. They absolutely thrived. We transferred to Town & Country in September 2012, as the school's calendar maps to that of the public school. It has been a tremendous experience on all fronts. It wasn't until our initial conference that we realized the extent to which the teachers truly understood our child. Their in-depth assessment of his strengths, weaknesses, personality, social nature, hot buttons, etc. allowed them to customize his days to ensure he's challenged intellectually, yet nurtured. At 4.5, he reads better than most 7-year-olds, he has cultivated great social skills, his confidence in approaching new tasks has only increased, and best of all, he's eager to go to school every day. Communication with school leaders is easy and approachable (e-mail, phone, or in-person) and the parent community is welcoming and friendly. It has fully exceeded all our expectations!
Teachers are very talented and caring. All age levels are combined in classroom - which works beautifully. Music, Spanish, Yoga and Science are extras. High quality Montessori materials are presented in a very organized way. Parents hold monthly coffees and are very involved.
Wonderful Montessori preschool program! Our daughters in her year and our son is starting next year. The teachers are highly trained, nurturing and engaged, and the physical space is beautiful- floor to ceiling windows! Great group of parents, everyone is really invested in giving their child a great start.
Endorse Town & Country Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.