Tel: (601) 879-3373
- Tri-County Academy was established in 1970 as an independent day school.
- It was created for and is dedicated to the education of boys and girls, kindergarten through high school.
- Tri-County begins the developmental process at age three, where both educational and motor skills are emphasized.
- The elementary utilizes the A Beka Program, an accelerated program that focuses on specialized developmental programs to develop critical learning and thinking skills.
- Other activities, such as art, music, computer, Spanish and site trips round out the elementary student activities.
- In addition to the traditional course work in Math, English, Science and History, TCA has implemented teaching styles that enhance the students' learning and reasoning skills over pure memorization.
- Other courses including Bible, Accounting, Sociology, Speech and Creative Writing are designed to fully prepare the student for college attendance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||373 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Grades: PK-12 | 291 students
1 Nancy Drive
Canton, MS 39046
(601) 859-5231 12.6 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 608 students
4060 S Siwell Rd
Jackson, MS 39212
(601) 372-0149 21 PK-12
- Raymond Grades: PK-12 | 486 students
2894 Raymond Bolton Rd
Raymond, MS 39154
(601) 857-5568 19.5 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.