Univ Of Chicago Lab School
- The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools provide an experience-centered, rigorous and well-rounded education for a diverse community.
- Recognizing that students have a variety of needs at each developmental stage and learn in different ways, the schools are committed to help each student learn to think critically and creatively; cultivate a passion for excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics; master important subject matter; achieve a sense of emotional and physical well-being; celebrate both our cultural differences and our common humanity; gain a sense of personal and community responsibility; and develop a life-long love of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||2094 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||168 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 30 / Dec. 30|
|Tuition Notes||varies depending on grade level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Irene M. Reed|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine Ervington Woerner|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773)797-5501 9.6 PK-12
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312)266-3381 8.6 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 32 students
4930 S Cottage Grove Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
(773)285-8400 1.4 9-12
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.