Univ Of Chicago Lab School
- The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools provide an experience-centered, rigorous and well-rounded education for a diverse community.
- Recognizing that students have a variety of needs at each developmental stage and learn in different ways, the schools are committed to help each student learn to think critically and creatively; cultivate a passion for excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics; master important subject matter; achieve a sense of emotional and physical well-being; celebrate both our cultural differences and our common humanity; gain a sense of personal and community responsibility; and develop a life-long love of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||2094 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||168 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 30 / Dec. 30|
|Tuition Notes||varies depending on grade level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Irene M. Reed|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine Ervington Woerner|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773)797-5501 9.6 PK-12
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312)266-3381 8.6 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 32 students
4930 S Cottage Grove Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
(773)285-8400 1.4 9-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.