Univ Of Chicago Lab School
- The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools provide an experience-centered, rigorous and well-rounded education for a diverse community.
- Recognizing that students have a variety of needs at each developmental stage and learn in different ways, the schools are committed to help each student learn to think critically and creatively; cultivate a passion for excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics; master important subject matter; achieve a sense of emotional and physical well-being; celebrate both our cultural differences and our common humanity; gain a sense of personal and community responsibility; and develop a life-long love of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||2094 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||168 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 30 / Dec. 30|
|Tuition Notes||varies depending on grade level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Irene M. Reed|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine Ervington Woerner|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773)797-5501 9.6 PK-12
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312)266-3381 8.6 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 32 students
4930 S Cottage Grove Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
(773)285-8400 1.4 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.