Tel: (708) 599-4100 Ext. 325
From its inception, Universal School has been based on the belief that the Muslim child if he or she is to mature into a well-rounded, socially successful, spiritual, human being then he or she should be given the opportunity to freely explore the harmony between creation and the Creator with the guidance of dedicated Muslim teachers and administrators.
It is this balance of intellect and spirit that the Universal curriculum seeks to achieve, to educate our pupils in both the religious and the natural sciences and arts.
The Universal school board made its top priority to seek and hire qualified educators who demonstrate a commitment to the values and practice of Islam.
It is a pointless endeavor to educate children according to standards and values that are not adhered to by role models- in their lives, both at home and at school.
Universal School meets the crucial challenge of stimulating the minds of Muslim boys and girls, safeguarding their innocence in the midst of a society that in some areas has lost its moral compass, preserving the Islamic cultural heritage and practices of their fore bearers while preparing them for leadership roles in this society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||655 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computers, AP English, AP Physics, AP U.S. History|
|Average ACT score||35|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(High School Boys: Solid navy or black pleated, Solid white w/collar & buttons; or solid white or maroon polo )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hanan Abdallah, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Murrar, Assista Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Dawa Club, Drama Club, Robotic Club, Student Council
- FROM CRAYONS TO COLLEGE: Universal School provides classes from preschool through 12th grade. This school year, there are over 406 students in the preschool and elementary level and 250 in 8 th 12 th grades, totaling 656 students. The spacious 92,000 square foot modern facility allows a maximum of 1000 students. At the current rate of growth, we anticipate reaching this number in a few short years. We expanded our building in 2015 to meet the needs of our community. Universal`s expansion project has added over 20,000 square feet to the existing building; Educating the leaders of tomorrow and Insh-allah serving 1000 students within the next few years. Our graduates have been accepted into Harvard University, Yale University, M.I.T., Cornell University, Brown, University of Chicago, Northwestern University, Washington St. Louis Medical Program, Wesleyan, University in Connecticut, I.I.T. Dual acceptance Medical, DePaul University, Loyola University Honors Program, University of Illinois at Chicago Honors Program, University of Illinois at Urbana, and other accredited institutions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeview Grades: PK-12 | 257 students
7361 W 92nd St
Bridgeview, IL 60455
(708) 598-2700 0.1 PK-12
- Lombard Grades: PK-12 | 412 students
331 W Madison St
Lombard, IL 60148
(630) 889-8000 15.5 PK-12
- Arlington Heights Grades: 9-12 | 928 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847) 392-4050 27.1 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 137 students
1010 W Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60642
(312) 421-0202 14.3 9-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.