- Valley Academy, an accredited school under the Tennessee Department of Education, serves both regular education and special education students in a structured environment.
- Valley Academy provides educational programming for Parkridge Valley residential patients.
- Valley Academy is staffed with a Director of Education/ Principal, two adolescent teachers, a latency age teacher, a full time educational liaison and a mental health technician.
- It is our intent to provide an equal educational opportunity to each child regardless of his/her age, race, handicap, religion, marital or parental status, national origin or sex.
- Valley Academy offers quality interim education programs designed to meet the unique needs of all children.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Grades: 4-12 | 16 students
1802 Lois St Se
Cleveland, TN 37311
(423)478-1545 16.8 4-12
- Cleveland Grades: PK-12 | 111 students
138 Osment Rd Se
Cleveland, TN 37323
(423)339-0999 21.3 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.