Vicksburg Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (601) 636-2256
Vicksburg Catholic School Photo #2 - St. Francis Xavier Elementary prepares students for the rigorous curriculum of St. Aloysius High School. Small classroom environments and differentiated instruction allow our students to reach their full potential. Project-based learning is used to reinforce the curriculum, as well as special area classes, including art and music. Science program begins in pre-k.
- Mission: Vicksburg Catholic School is a Roman Catholic School based on Gospel Values and Catholic teachings, committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds, and dedicated to preparing them to be servant leaders through academic excellence, authentic faith formation, and student life opportunities within a Christ-centered, caring and safe learning environment. Vision:Vicksburg Catholic School students, faculty and staff will:Lead with Humility, Serve with Love, Strive for Excellence, Prepare for Distinction.
- Flashes place within top 10 at C Spire coding competition - 11/05/2018 - Students at Vicksburg Catholic School placed within the top 10 teams at a coding challenge sponsored by C Spire in Ridgeland, Miss. The competition, held on October 30, 2018, was ...morecreated by C Spire to inspire more high school students to pursue computer science. hide
- VCS Establishes First Mayor's Economic Development Update - 09/26/2018 - The first-ever Mayor's Economic Development Update was established by Vicksburg Catholic School to help students learn the basic concept of economic development and recognize that Vicksburg is a viable location ...moreto work and live after graduation. hide
- St. Al’s Jarratt a National Merit finalist - 02/14/2018 - St. Aloysius senior Ryan Jarratt has been recognized as one of the top scholars in the nation. Jarratt has been chosen as a 2018 National Merit Finalist. He is the ...moreonly National Merit finalist in Warren County for 2018 and one of 15,000 nationwide. He is also the only student from Mississippi to be selected as a finalist for the prestigious Coca-Cola Scholars award and one of only 250 nationwide from a pool of more than 90,000 applicants. hide
- Matthews runs her class like a business - 02/02/2017 - With a background in business administration and communications, Christin Matthews runs her classroom like a small business and gives her students as many real experiences as she can.
- St. Al’s Brown signs with Ole Miss - 02/02/2017 - Brown, St. Al`s 6-foot-5, 290-pound offensive tackle, made good on the verbal commitment he made a year ago by sending Ole Miss his signed national letter of intent. He`ll become ...morethe seventh member of his family to play football at Ole Miss, following in the footsteps of his father, two grandfathers, two uncles and one great uncle. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||523 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, Dual Credit College Algebra & Trigonometry, Dual Credit English Composition, Dual Credit US History, Honors courses offered in Math & English (grades 8-12)|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniforms Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition schedule is on our web site. Subsidies are available to Catholic families of the local parishes. Multi-student discounts are also available for families with more than one child in school. Financial Assistance is available through application.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shelley Plett|
|Admissions Associate||Development Office|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Chick-Fil-A Leadership, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Honor Society, Key Club, Liturgical Team, Math/Science Team, Mu Alpha Theta, Quiz Bowl Team, Retreat Team, Robotics Team, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Beginner Band (5th-6th), Choir, Keynote Singers (3rd-6th), Purple Pride Marching Band, School Play
- Vicksburg Catholic School is a college preparatory school that was founded in 1860. It is a school full of tradition and excellence in academics. Small classroom environments and traditional teaching methods, paired with the latest technology available prepare our students fully for their post-secondary education and careers. St. Aloysius graduating classes continue to receive millions of dollars in scholarships, and score an average of 5 points higher on the ACT compared to the local and state average.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vicksburg Grades: 9-12 | 27 students
303 Fred Drive
Vicksburg, MS 39180
(601) 473-2244 0.6 9-12
- Raymond Grades: PK-12 | 486 students
2894 Raymond Bolton Rd
Raymond, MS 39154
(601) 857-5568 24.7 PK-12
This school is outstanding! The faculty and staff are extremely professional and have high expectations of their students. They are also encouraging, supportive, and go out of their way to help students succeed. Moreover, the curriculum is challenging and college-prep, and my children were more than prepared for college because of the knowledge they gained from the curriculum and the use of their Apple MacBooks. In addition to the curriculum, my children had the opportunity to participate and excel in multiple extra-curricular activities. This school truly is top-notch.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of successful graduates
This is a wonderful school. The teachers and administrators really care about their students. There are very few discipline problems. The students are in accelerated college prep classes and something like 97% of the seniors go on to college!
- Posted by Administrator - SP
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.