Vicksburg Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
St. Francis Xavier Elementary prepares students for the rigorous curriculum of St. Aloysius High School. Small classroom environments and differentiated instruction allow our students to reach their full potential. Project-based learning is used to reinforce the curriculum, as well as special area classes, including art and music. Science program begins in pre-k.
- Mission: Vicksburg Catholic School is a Roman Catholic School based on Gospel Values and Catholic teachings, committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds, and dedicated to preparing them to be servant leaders through academic excellence, authentic faith formation, and student life opportunities within a Christ-centered, caring and safe learning environment. Vision:Vicksburg Catholic School students, faculty and staff will:Lead with Humility, Serve with Love, Strive for Excellence, Prepare for Distinction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||523 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, Dual Credit College Algebra & Trigonometry, Dual Credit English Composition, Dual Credit US History, Honors courses offered in Math & English (grades 8-12),|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniforms Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition schedule is on our web site. Subsidies are available to Catholic families of the local parishes. Multi-student discounts are also available for families with more than one child in school. Financial Assistance is available through application.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Patricia Rabalais|
|Admissions Associate||Development Office|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program|
Club or Organization:
Chick-Fil-A Leadership, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Honor Society, Key Club, Liturgical Team, Math/Science Team, Mu Alpha Theta, Quiz Bowl Team, Retreat Team, Robotics Team, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Beginner Band (5th-6th), Choir, Keynote Singers (3rd-6th), Purple Pride Marching Band, School Play
- Vicksburg Catholic School is a college preparatory school that was founded in 1860. It is a school full of tradition and excellence in academics. Small classroom environments and traditional teaching methods, paired with the latest technology available prepare our students fully for their post-secondary education and careers. St. Aloysius graduating classes continue to receive millions of dollars in scholarships, and score an average of 5 points higher on the ACT compared to the local and state average.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- VicksburgGrades: PK-12 | 227 students
3460 Porters Chapel Rd
Vicksburg, MS 39180
- VicksburgGrades: 6-12 | 129 students
Po Box 821074
Vicksburg, MS 39182
This is a wonderful school. The teachers and administrators really care about their students. There are very few discipline problems. The students are in accelerated college prep classes and something like 97% of the seniors go on to college!
- Posted by Administrator - SP
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.