Waldorf School Of New Orleans
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 146 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,300
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art Club, Book Club, Drama Club, Handwork Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We have been educating children in New Orleans since 2000. We pride ourselves on upholding our core values, which serve as a compass for how we educate chidren and how we help them learn to move through the world.
- Environment & Sustainability: Whether it's Forest Kindergarten Day or a field trip to the French Quarter, our students learn to appreciate the natural world in their urban environment and to feel confident in navigating their surroundings. We instill a social conscience by recycling, composting, energy efficiency, and using natural cleaning products.
- Diversity: We welcome, value, and actively seek racial, religious, economic, and cultural diversity, including single, dual, or multiple parent households and LGBT parents, faculty, and/or students. We are committed to having our school community further reflect the abundant diversity of New Orleans.
- Media Mindfulness: Our school culture sees Screen Time as an impediment to creativity and child development. We encourage families to allow their children the freedom to grow without the limitations that screens present.
- Service: We strive to provide students with opportunities to see themselves as engaged citizens who can make a difference in the world.
- Waldorf School of New Orleans is an Associate Member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and a Full Member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North American (WECAN). Also, we are approved as a private school by the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE).
Endorse Waldorf School Of New Orleans. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards