Waseca Learning Environment
- Waseca School is offering a Montessori education to a diverse community for over a decade.
- Waseca School seeks to create a peaceful and diverse educational community serving as a link to a solution for the children of the earth.
- Presently, over 150 children ages one to twelve benefit from the unique educational environment Waseca has to offer.
- Children are oriented at an early age to function independently in the classroom, choosing their own work, taking responsibility for putting it away and cleaning up after themselves.
- At Waseca, freedom and responsibility go hand-in-hand and children are encouraged to make choices.
- Lead teachers are Montessori trained and prepare the environment on an ongoing basis so that children are drawn to the work and meaningful activity.
- After an initial lesson by the teacher, the child has the opportunity to practice on their own and learn by doing.
- Using this method, teachers act as facilitators and children learn to learn.
- Skill and knowledge acquired in this way enhances the child’s self-esteem and stimulates his or her natural love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mariel Blake|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Athens Grades: PK-8 | 253 students
3145 Barnett Shoals Rd
Athens, GA 30605
(706)549-8490 8.1 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: Inquire with school | 17 students
1730 Mount Vernon Rd
Atlanta, GA 30338
(770)804-1444 50.6 Inquire with school
- Gretna Grades: PK-3 | 67 students
552 Terry Parkway
Gretna, LA 70056
(504)362-0513 477 PK-3
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.