Monsignor Donovan Catholic High School
- The mission of Monsignor Donovan Catholic high School (MDCHS) as a Catholic college-preparatory school is to develop leaders with the competence, conscience, compassion, confidence, and courage who, out of love for Christ and others, will radiate Christ in their lives.
- MDCHS is a college-preparatory school dedicated to providing opportunities for the development of the spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual, social, and physical growth of each student.
- As we strive to nurture within each student the belief that we are all created by a personal and a loving God who cares for us and desires that we share with Him His life of happiness, our goal is to work in partnership with parents in developing in their sons and daughters a sense of responsibility to God, to themselves, and to their fellow human beings.
- We strive to help each student to develop a realistic and positive self-image, thus enabling the student to be a productive and happy individual.
- The mission of Monsignor Donovan Catholic High School as a Catholic College-Preparatory School is to develop leaders of competence, conscience, compassion, confidence, and courage who, out of love for Christ and others, will radiate Christ in their lives.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Catholic Education Association
Georgia Accrediting Commission
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Competition, AP Latin Vergil, AP U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 23|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Paul Quick|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Athens Grades: PK-12 | 943 students
1281 Spartan Lane
Athens, GA 30606
(706) 433-2403 6.8 PK-12
- Atlanta Grades: 9-12 | 1096 students
2674 Johnson Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404) 636-3023 48.9 9-12
- Duluth Grades: K-12 | 334 students
4635 River Green Pkwy
Duluth, GA 30096
(678) 387-9385 41.4 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?