St. Joseph Catholic School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Founded in 1949 by the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart, Saint Joseph Catholic School sets the highest standards in academics while promoting Christian growth.
- The mission of St. Joseph Catholic School in Athens, GA is to assist each student to encounter Christ through the pursuit of academic excellence, social consciousness, emotional growth, religious formation, and physical development- all within a caring community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
- Established in Athens in 1949, Saint Joseph Catholic Parish School is a ministry of Saint Joseph Catholic Parish and is a part of the Archdiocese of Atlanta.The mission of Saint Joseph Catholic Parish School is to Support the growth and development of our students by modeling a faith-filled life, encouraging self empowerment, inspiring the pursuit of excellence and by promoting global knowledge in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.As a Catholic Archdiocesan school, we are proud to represent the strong tradition of quality education for which Catholic Schools have come to be recognized worldwide. Please also view our Mission and History page to learn more about our important role as the oldest private school in Athens.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CummingGrades: PK-12 | 863 students
955 Peachtree Parkway
Cumming, GA 30041
- BogartGrades: PK-12 | 848 students
2201 Ruth Jackson Rd.
Bogart, GA 30622
- AthensGrades: PK-12 | 787 students
1270 Highway 29 N
Athens, GA 30601
- AthensGrades: PK-12 | 936 students
1281 Spartan Lane
Athens, GA 30606
We couldn't be happier with the education and experience our son is getting at SJS! He has learned so much in his first grade year, and we are pleased with his reading and math abilities. It is a great facility with a wonderful staff, and we look forward to many more years in this school!
- Posted by Parent - Pamela Blankenship
St. Joseph has been an amazing school for my son Jack. They truly focus on developing the whole child. The academics are top-notch with the new International Baccalaureate program and the servant leadership program teaches the children early on how to make meaningful contributions to the community and the world around them. The teachers and school leadership truly care about the children. Regularly I will get notes from my son's teacher sharing an achievement he has done for the day and often she is just as excited at his success as I am. The principal takes the time to get to know each student individually. The community of parents supporting the school is very friendly and welcoming. I highly encourage anyone looking for an outstanding private school in the Athens area to consider St. Joe!
- Posted by Parent - Kelly Laurine
I couldn't be more pleased with my boys' progress at this excellent facility. Sincere effort by the faculty to make sure that every kid is a success. I really get the impression that these teachers give everything the have in the classroom!
- Posted by Parent - Richard Noel
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.