At KinderCare Learning Centers you will find many experienced, professional teachers.
At our center we have several staff members with over 20 years of experience in the Early Childhood Education field with the majority of those years being with KinderCare.
We pride ourselves on being a place that you "come home to".
The children that return home from college to visit our staff during breaks speaks volumes to the consistency that you will find within our staffing.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to the Wellington Way KinderCare Learning Center serving families from all over the Lexington area. We offer an amazing curriculum and educational tools for each age group to support learning and development. Our nationally recognized curriculum aligns with all of the state standards to ensure kindergarten readiness for every child. We offer before and after school programs for children in the local elementary schools during the school year, while out Summer Camp program provides the perfect solution for families needing care during school breaks. At our school, we have some exceptional, long term teachers who are passionate about teaching and caring for children. It is important for all of us at KinderCare to encourage strong family and community involvement through things such as: Open Houses, Parent-Teacher conferences, Curriculum Preview Events, Parent Events, and Community Socials. We have been proudly accredited by the National Association of Education in Young Children (NAEYC). Please visit the accreditation tab to view more information on the high quality program that we are a part of.
- At KinderCare Learning Centers, your child's safety is one of our top priorities. Not only are all of our outside perimeter doors locked to ensure security, but all of our playgrounds are fenced with locked gates as well. In addition the front door of the building has a coded entry where only authorized family members will have a code to enter. Otherwise a doorbell is available to visitors who will be greeted by a Center staff member. We conduct monthly earthquake and fire drills. Also, the majority of staff is CPR and First Aid certified and we maintain high cleanliness standards.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- CCA (3 C's, includes foster care), 4 C's (with in Louisville), NACCRRA
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Wellington KinderCare?
The application deadline for Wellington KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Wellington KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.