West A Street KinderCare
West A Street KinderCare Photo #3 - We have space for our infants to grow and learn. We provide separate infant classrooms depending on your child developmental stage. Our Infant A classroom is for infants 6 weeks to about 6 months, when an infant begins to crawl and become mobile. This allows the infants in this room to have tummy time and to feel free to explore their world without the worry of another infant invading their space. While our Infant B class is meant for those infants who are about 6 months to about 12 months and who are crawling and cruising. They are free to move about their own classroom to explore their world.
West A Street KinderCare Photo #4 - Our toddler classroom is meant to foster independence in children. Toddlers want to try to do it all by themselves. Teachers are there to encourage them by giving them "roots and wings". That means letting them try to feed them selves and wipe their own nose and wash their own hands, but then assist them to make sure the job gets done properly.
West A Street KinderCare Photo #5 - There is a place in each classroom where your child can get lost in a book in story time or join their friends in circle time learning.
West A Street KinderCare Photo #6 - Our prekindergarten classrooms prepare your child for kindergarten. These students start to learn sight words in both English and Spanish. They have a writing journal where they begin to write these words in English and Spanish as well.
West A Street KinderCare Photo #7 - In our school age classroom we are building long lasting friendships.
West A Street KinderCare Photo #8 - We have two playgrounds. This one is designed to be age appropriate for children ages two and under. Each classroom has 30 minutes for outdoor play every morning and afternoon. This allows children to be able to play and not be crowed. Child directed play is still learning as teachers can make each moment a teachable one.
West A Street KinderCare Photo #9 - Did you know that all togehter we have over 150 years of experience backing our current staff? Besides this showing you we have been doing this for a while, I hope it also shows you that we do this because we LOVE what we do!!
The staff at KinderCare would like you to know that we have a combined experience of over 150 years in the Early Childhood Education field.
Many of our teachers have received college degrees and more are planning to graduate in the near future with college degrees or with a Child Development Associate's Credential.
The staff members at KinderCare on West A take their careers seriously and is continuously seeking more education and training each year by completing classes for Continuing Education Credits.
We strive to stay in tune with the best practices for educating and taking care of your children everyday.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Welcome to West A Street KinderCare in Lincoln, Nebraska. We would love for your family to come take a tour of our learning center. We offer a fun and exciting curriculum that has been developed by experts in the Early Childhood Education field. Our philosophy rests firmly on developing the whole child, so every activity is planned to do just that from Infants to School Age children. Our qualified and dedicated teachers strive to instill a love of learning in every child so s/he can reach his or her fullest potential. Our staff has the education, experience and passion to make sure these years are the best years possible for your family.
- The health and safety of the children and the families we serve is very important to us at KinderCare. Our center has a keypad entry system at the main entrance;Families are given an entrance code but visitors must ring the doorbell for entrance. Parents are welcome to visit their child at anytime. We have all visitors check in at the front desk before entering our classrooms. If a visitor is picking up a child with parental consent we require photo identification prior to releasing the child to the visitor. Our center also offers the closed classroom concept for added security meaning that each class has its own room and door. Our playgrounds are secured with a tall wooden privacy fence that is locked at all times. Also, all of our staff mambers have a certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Arabic, Hindi, Spanish
- NACCRRA - Military program and CCA
Endorse West A Street KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.