Westminster School is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian day school. Westminster teachers encourage children to ask questions, to challenge themselves and to be creative within the boundaries of a caring and accepting community.
They provide children with support and encourage kindness and cooperation. Our children are full of energy, hope, laughter and promise.
Academic and social development are important here. With a low student-teacher ratio, our faculty nurtures students to gain a sense of self, purpose and belonging.
By focusing on the elementary school child, our teachers are able to respect a more natural time frame for learning.
Our children are not rushed to grow up. Comfortable in the smaller, home-like environment of Westminster, our students have ample time to grow, learn, make mistakes, recover and try new things within a loving, accepting atmosphere.
Both in good times and in bad, they are buoyed by the support and friendship of a community specifically designed, created and focused, not on a high school, but on children like yours.
- Top Ranked OK School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 583 students
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(No uniforms required)
(No uniforms required)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition varies by grade. Please see website for further information.
% on Financial Aid
- Westminster School believes that children are valuable and capable people. We celebrate them as individuals and recognize that out of the child’s experience comes true knowledge and understanding. We seek to provide an educational experience in which questions are encouraged, creativity and curiosity are nurtured, and academic skills are developed. We affirm that the process of a child’s education is far more important than its content and subscribe to John Dewey’s maxim, “An ounce of experience is worth a pound of theory.” Westminster School is an informal, child-centered place where children and teachers know each other well and respect each other as individuals. We encourage people to try new things, appreciate their successes, and support and encourage them to learn when they are not successful. We value the freedom to make decisions and the importance of taking responsibility for what we do. Westminster is a place with high expectations for students and teachers and affirms that responsibility, cooperation, and hard work are keys to knowledge and understanding.
Endorse Westminster School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.