Whittle School & Studios
Tel: (202) 417-3615
Whittle School & Studios Photo #2 - We make use of our outdoor playground and nearby parks as part of our extended classroom learning.
Whittle School & Studios Photo #3 - Small classrooms with personalized connections to each other make learning fun!
Whittle School & Studios Photo #4 - We partner with a variety of organizations throughout the DC area to provide learning and growth opportunities in academics, the arts, and athletics.
Whittle School & Studios Photo #5 - Wednesdays are experiential education days. The classroom can move into the city for students to research and learn about Washington, DC's historical and political history through its numerous museums; understand the environmental issues that impact the Anacostia and Potomac rivers; as well as experience DC's diverse neighborhoods and cultural opportunities.
- With a focus on global education, personalization, and project-based learning, a network of Whittle campuses will gradually open in cities around the world, educating students in Pre-school through 12th Grade.
- For the 2020-2021 school year , the Washington, DC campus will enroll students through grade 11. We will enroll grade 12 beginning in fall 2021
- Five and seven-day boarding options are available for students in 8th through 11th grades for 2020-2021
- We are one of the most diverse private schools in DC! Our students of color numbers are as follows: White 35%; African American 29.4%; Multiracial 19.2%; Asian 11.3%; Hispanic 2.8%; Unknown 1.1%. Our international population last year was 1.1%
- Follow our blog! - 06/08/2020 - Learn about our dynamic students and faculty and have a look into our projects and programs through the eyes of our families and faculty.
Whittle School & Studios places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||case by case basis|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$295|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||The fee for one week of programming is $295 per student. Participants are limited to a single course each week but may select different program pathways from week to week. Weekly sessions do not need to run consecutively.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,038|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition will vary somewhat depending on grade level|
|Admissions Director||Susan Emery|
|Admissions Associate||Matt Drake|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Clubs, Community Service Club, Creative Writing Club, Debate Club, Environmental Club, Math Club, Model UN, Robotics Club, Rock Climbing Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- In the fall of 2019, we opened our first two campuses in Shenzhen, China and Washington, D.C. In the coming years, we plan to expand gradually to a system of campuses in the world`s leading cities. A typical campus will grow to serve 2,500 full-time students, ages 3 to 18, with boarding available in the middle and upper school divisions. In upper grade levels, students will be able to participate in global rotations on our campuses around the globe.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Whittle School & Studios also viewed these schools: Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School, Franklin Montessori School, Sidwell Friends School, Washington International School and The Langley School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-3 | 401 students
3500 Woodley Road NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 537-6793 0.8 PK-3
- Washington Grades: NS-K | 160 students
4473 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 966-7747 0.4 NS-K
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
3825 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 537-8100 0.5 PK-12
- Washington Grades: NS-12 | 899 students
3100 Macomb Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 243-1800 0.6 NS-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.