Yeshiva University High School Girls
- The Yeshiva University High Schools have as their educational mission to teach and perpetuate the values of Torah U'Madda.
- We are thus dedicated to preparing our students for adulthood both as knowledgeable and committed Jews and as broadly educated, intellectually curious, and caring members of the general society.
- The High Schools provide a challenging academic program in an atmosphere that encourage adherence to the traditional ideals and practices of Orthodox Judaism.
- It is designed to motivate Torah living—striving to become ever more devoted to God, Torah learning, personal integrity and ethical behavior basic to Jewish life and participation in contemporary society.
- Genuine concern for the welfare of others, observance of the Mitzvot, love of the Jewish people, and pride in our Jewish heritage and values should characterize the intellectual goals and the daily behavior of our students.
- We expect each student to identify wholeheartedly with the destiny of our fellow Jews throughout the world, to exhibit loyalty to Eretz Yisrael, and recognize the modern State of Israel as the fulfillment of a religious Zionist vision and as the spiritual homeland of the Jewish people.
- Moreover, students are expected to be loyal, law abiding citizens of the United States of America and the countries in which they reside.
- Our commitment to Torah U'Madda requires students to pursue all academic studies with the intent of becoming more understanding of the world and its mysteries, to work hard at personal academic achievement and to maximize intellectual potential.
- It is our hope that each student will seek to enrich the high school experience by involvement in co-curricular activities both at school and through communal participation.
- The programs, both academic and extracurricular, reflect the primacy of Torah, as well as the importance of secular studies.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||299 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing Grades: 9-12 | 208 students
7509 Main St
Flushing, NY 11367
(718)263-0525 2.3 9-12
- Long Beach Grades: PK-12 | 1461 students
530 W Broadway
Long Beach, NY 11561
(516)432-8285 10.5 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.