Zion Lutheran School
Tel: (620) 332-3331
- Zion Lutheran School provides quality Christ-centered education to equip students to serve others and to proclaim Jesus Christ in their families, community, and world.
- The philosophy of Christian education comes from the Bible.
- "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Providing the solid foundation for this Christian education is a three-fold responsibility--home, church, and school.
- At Zion Lutheran School, Christ is the center of all that we do.
- We pray that God will continue to strengthen and preserve this Christ-centered approach to education.
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Eric Pralle, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Sheryl Fienen|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field
- Caring, Highly Qualified Teachers
- Small school environment
- Technology Rich Curriculum and wireless lab
- Safe and Secure and Family Oriented
- Before and After School Care and Hot Lunch Program
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Independence Grades: PK-8 | 109 students
215 N Park Blvd
Independence, KS 67301
(620) 331-2870 0.6 PK-8
- Coffeyville Grades: K-6 | 80 students
406 Willow St
Coffeyville, KS 67337
(620) 251-0480 13.1 K-6
- Caney Grades: PK-12 | 125 students
301 S. Chambers
Caney, KS 67333
(620) 289-4450 14.1 PK-12
- Parsons Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
1831 Stevens Ave
Parsons, KS 67357
(620) 421-0710 26.1 PK-8
- Chanute Grades: PK-12 | 83 students
1000 W 14th St
Chanute, KS 66720
(620) 431-7777 33.7 PK-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?