Akwesasne Freedom School
Tel: (518) 358-2073
- The Akwesasne Freedom School is a model for any Indigenous people who are concerned with losing their language, culture and identity.
- The school was formed to help the Mohawk Nation become strong again, by focusing on the young people.
- Our survival is dependent on the understanding of the old ways and preserving the knowledge that is passed down from grandparents to children.
- We want to help nurture strong, spiritually, physically, and emotionally healthy people who will eventually become the leaders in our community.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Akwesasne Freedom School is The Holy Name Of Jesus Academy (4.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Massena Grades: PK-12 | 147 students
337 Trippany Rd
Massena, NY 13662
(315) 769-6030 4 PK-12
- Massena Grades: PK-6 | 174 students
188 Main St
Massena, NY 13662
(315) 769-5911 8.5 PK-6
- Nicholville Grades: K-8 | 37 students
68 County Route 55
Nicholville, NY 12965
(315) 328-4027 19.2 K-8
- Madrid Grades: 1-7 | 19 students
175 Pollock Rd
Madrid, NY 13660 21.1 1-7
- Malone Grades: NS-8 | 83 students
12 Homestead Pk
Malone, NY 12953
(518) 483-4443 23.5 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.