Anchorage Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of Anchorage Montessori School is to make Montessori education a dynamic and positive force in the lives of children, in families and in our community.
- We believe in the dignity of children and in their inherent right to our protection, assistance, and guidance in fulfilling their potential.
- We are willing to share our lives with children and to grow and learn alongside them.
- We are dedicated to the well-being, integrity and development of the larger Montessori community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Grades: PK-8 | 41 students
5511 O'Malley Road
Anchorage, AK 99507
(907)346-2164 6.1 PK-8
- Anchorage Grades: K-12 | 146 students
1010 W Fireweed Lane
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907)276-5822 1.8 K-12
This program provides quality Montessori learning environments for students 19 months to 12 years old in multi-graded carefully prepared classrooms. The age ranges are Toddlers 19-months to 3 years old, Primary 3 to 6 years old, Lower Elementary 6 to 9 years old, and Upper Elementary 9 to 12 years old. This is my 7th year leading this fine organization that is now in its 41st year of existence. As a public school teacher and administrator for the previous 33 years I find this methodology and materials to create consistent efficacy in learning both social and academic skills. I invite you contact us, visit us, take a tour.
- Posted by Administrator - Rick
Anchorage Montessori School has absolutely top notch teachers across the grade levels - welcoming, thoughtful, and focused on the child at all ages. My children thrived in the Toddler program and are blossoming in the Primary level. Montessori trained teachers and an administration that fosters a true Montessori environment mean that you'll get peaceful classrooms, child-centered activities, strong education, and an inclusive community. I could not recommend AMS more highly. Come in and visit to see what they're all about!
- Posted by Parent - Melissa M
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?