Anchorage Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of Anchorage Montessori School is to make Montessori education a dynamic and positive force in the lives of children, in families and in our community.
- We believe in the dignity of children and in their inherent right to our protection, assistance, and guidance in fulfilling their potential.
- We are willing to share our lives with children and to grow and learn alongside them.
- We are dedicated to the well-being, integrity and development of the larger Montessori community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Grades: PK-8 | 31 students
5511 O'Malley Road
Anchorage, AK 99507
(907)346-2164 6.1 PK-8
This program provides quality Montessori learning environments for students 19 months to 12 years old in multi-graded carefully prepared classrooms. The age ranges are Toddlers 19-months to 3 years old, Primary 3 to 6 years old, Lower Elementary 6 to 9 years old, and Upper Elementary 9 to 12 years old. This is my 7th year leading this fine organization that is now in its 41st year of existence. As a public school teacher and administrator for the previous 33 years I find this methodology and materials to create consistent efficacy in learning both social and academic skills. I invite you contact us, visit us, take a tour.
- Posted by Administrator - Rick
Anchorage Montessori School has absolutely top notch teachers across the grade levels - welcoming, thoughtful, and focused on the child at all ages. My children thrived in the Toddler program and are blossoming in the Primary level. Montessori trained teachers and an administration that fosters a true Montessori environment mean that you'll get peaceful classrooms, child-centered activities, strong education, and an inclusive community. I could not recommend AMS more highly. Come in and visit to see what they're all about!
- Posted by Parent - Melissa M
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.