Anderson Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Anderson Christian School is an independent, non-denominational, college-preparatory school accredited by SCISA (South Carolina Independent Schools Association) and AdvanceEd. We want every student that attends ACS to grow spiritually, to find and pursue their passions, and to thrive in their academics and beyond.
- In addition to that goal, we hope that every family who walks through the doors of ACS feels welcome. ACS offers AP courses, dual enrollment opportunites, and college preparation and advisory.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
The South Carolina Independent School Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies per grade. See school website.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Cutler|
|Admissions Associate||Stefanie Carroll|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Fellowship of Christian Athletes, National Beta Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Media Team, Worship Team
- OUTSTANDING ACADEMICS
- Our staff provides students with academic programs of the highest quality. We aim to equip students with the skills and tools they need to excel during their years at ACS and beyond, offering AP and honors courses for high school students, tutoring services for all students, and college guidance.
- FOUNDATIONAL FAITH
- Our love of Christ is central to everything we do at ACS. Jesus said that the most important commandment in Scripture is to "Love the Lord your God with all you heart and with all your mind and with all your strength" (Mark 12:30-31 NIV).From preschool through twelfth grade, students are exposed to the Gospel through daily Bible classes, weekly chapel sessions, and annual retreats and events.
- MISSION MENTALITY
- The same passage in Mark tells us the second most important commandment for believers is to "Love your neighbor as yourself." At ACS, we share God`s love through quarterly missions days in which students and staff serve the community through local organizations and ministries. Seniors also have the opportunity to serve on an international mission trip before graduation.
- ENGAGING EXTRACURRICULARSIn addition to academics and spiritual life, we provide students with the opportunity to get involved in a multitude of extracurricular activities. Students can participate in drama, worship leading, student council, yearbook staff, the National Beta Club, or competitive academic teams, to name a few.
- EXCEPTIONAL ATHLETICS
- One of the most special parts of ACS is our athletic program. We offer competitive organized sports at the elementary, middle, and high school level, such as volleyball, soccer, baseball, basketball, football, and cheerleading, among others. Our athletic program is comprised of remarkable student athletes and coaches who exemplify Christ in competition, and many of our graduates have gone on to play at the college level.
- CLOSE-KNIT COMMUNITY
- All of these rich components of ACS are made possible by a strong partnership with parents. Anderson Christian School truly is a community, with parents, students, alumni friends, and faculty working together to maintain our traditions and create new ones as we join together to love God and love others in and outside of the classroom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anderson Grades: PK-12 | 190 students
304 Pearman Dairy Road
Anderson, SC 29625
(864)225-6261 3.5 PK-12
- Belton Grades: NS-12 | 8 students
PO Box 413
Belton, SC 29627
(864)381-5248 9.9 NS-12
- Easley Grades: PK-12 | 67 students
461 Saco Lowell Rd
Easley, SC 29640
(864)855-8000 19.9 PK-12
Our 2 children have been at this school for 11years & 8 years. We are extremely happy with the Academics and Christian based education our children are getting. Class size is 10 to 12 so the 1 on 1 time with a teacher is easily possible. Love Love Love the school
- Posted by Parent - chest
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.