Oakwood Christian School
- OCS is a member of ACSI; AACS and NYACSI. OCS was founded to provide children with a quality academic program founded on Biblical principles and a Christian world view.
- Our school is committed to academic excellence and to Scriptural morality.
- We seek to challenge each student to "Study to show thyself approved unto God." 2 Tim. 2:15.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(school dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,100|
|Tuition Notes||student book fee $175-$275|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen DuJack|
- OCS places a strong emphasis on reading and writing using the Abeka curriculum. When our Kindergarteners graduate they are reading and writing cursive. Our junior high and high school students are involved in sports, drama, glee club and more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SchenectadyGrades: PK-12 | 346 students
36-38 Sacandaga Rd
Schenectady, NY 12302
- LathamGrades: PK-12 | 143 students
495 Watervliet Shaker Rd
Latham, NY 12110
- AlbanyGrades: PK-12 | 271 students
374 Loudon Road
Albany, NY 12211
- TroyGrades: 7-12 | 509 students
625 7th Ave
Troy, NY 12182
- AlbanyGrades: 6-12 | 400 students
12 Airline Dr
Albany, NY 12205
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.