Oakwood Christian School
- OCS is a member of ACSI; AACS and NYACSI. OCS was founded to provide children with a quality academic program founded on Biblical principles and a Christian world view.
- Our school is committed to academic excellence and to Scriptural morality.
- We seek to challenge each student to "Study to show thyself approved unto God." 2 Tim. 2:15.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,200|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen DuJack|
- OCS places a strong emphasis on reading and writing using the Abeka curriculum. When our Kindergarteners graduate they are reading and writing cursive. Our junior high and high school students are involved in sports, drama, glee club and more.
Profile last updated: 05/18/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ScotiaGrades: PK-12 | 346 students
36-38 Sacandaga Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
LathamGrades: PK-12 | 143 students
495 Watervliet Shaker Rd
Latham, NY 12110
AlbanyGrades: 6-12 | 400 students
12 Airline Dr
Albany, NY 12205
7 South Main Street
Mechanicville, NY 12118
RensselaerGrades: NS-12 | 252 students
199 Washington Avenue
Rensselaer, NY 12144
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?