Oakwood Christian School
- OCS is a member of ACSI; AACS and NYACSI. OCS was founded to provide children with a quality academic program founded on Biblical principles and a Christian world view.
- Our school is committed to academic excellence and to Scriptural morality.
- We seek to challenge each student to "Study to show thyself approved unto God." 2 Tim. 2:15.
Oakwood Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(school dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,100|
|Tuition Notes||student book fee $175-$275|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen DuJack|
- OCS places a strong emphasis on reading and writing using the Abeka curriculum. When our Kindergarteners graduate they are reading and writing cursive. Our junior high and high school students are involved in sports, drama, glee club and more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Latham Grades: PK-12 | 160 students
495 Watervliet Shaker Rd
Latham, NY 12110
(518)785-5916 5.8 PK-12
- Mechanicville Grades: K-12
7 North Main Street
Mechanicville, NY 12118
(518)541-2089 8.7 K-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.