Montessori School Of Anderson
- Our mission is to nurture the whole child, physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually, preparing students for academic excellence, lifelong learning and responsible, caring lives. Montessori based curriculum teaches children to think and discover for themselves.
- Our school is designed to help each student develop his/her unique talents and possibilities.
- Learning the right answers will get them through school. Learning how to learn will get them through life! The basis of our approach is the simple observation that children learn most effectively through direct experience and discovery.
- We promote active learning using a hands-on approach. By following a well-established curricular framework which includes specific expectations for academic achievement at each level, the student is guided to meet his/her challenges with set goals, resulting in a sense of accomplishment and recognition. Students develop best when a strong sense of independence, self-confidence, and imagination are cultivated, but MSA also emphasizes that the education our learners receive comes with a responsibility to help others within their immediate and extended communities.
- The possibility of changing the world for the better lies within all of us, and service needs to be an accepted part of our lives if we are to achieve this goal.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
The South Carolina Independent School Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Will Nickles|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Buchanan|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Team, Mock Trial Team, Model UN, National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Music/Drama/Theater, Orchestra, Suzuki Violin
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bluffton Grades: NS-6 | 171 students
Po Box 2557/ 60 Calhoun St.
Bluffton, SC 29910
(843)757-2312 190.8 NS-6
My child is in the second grade and has been at MSA since she was an infant. She has been so well loved by this Montessori community. We appreciate their strong academics, but we primarily are interested in her character education which is where MSA really excels. We look forward to a long future partnering with MSA to education our little one. We are both public school teachers, so paying private school tuition takes a great deal of commitment on our parts, but MSA allows us to feel confident in that decision that we are making an investment in her future.
- Posted by Parent - JP
This is a wonderful school where my child recieves a great education as well as a environment that provides safety and eases my concerns about her wellbeing during my absence. She has been a student here for 3 years and loves it here.
- Posted by Parent - tcape