- Apple School's goal is to help children become independent, self-confident, inquisitive learners.
- The most important goal of our early childhood curriculum is to help children become enthusiastic learners.
- We provide stimulation for all areas of development: social, emotional, cognitive and physical.
- We want each child to enjoy solving problems, express himself clearly, be creative, make good decisions, develop physical coordination, get along well with his peers, be self- confident, enjoy learning and love school.
- The school employs a Music Teacher and a Creative Movement Teacher.
- The school has two acres of playgrounds, which includes a school garden.
- The children plant, tend, harvest and eat vegetables and fruits.
- The school is part of a national program, "Taking Steps to Healthy Success" which promotes good nutrition and healthy exercise.
- Apple School provides a Before/After School Program and Summer Program for grades K-5 for those children attending local public schools.
- The summer program includes many field trips and visits to farms, museums, etc.
- The goal of the summer program is to provide a rich variety of experiences and an oportunity to enrich social skill development.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.