Christian Fellowship School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Our fabulous gymnasium serves as PE class during the days and volleyball and basketball courts at night.
Our seniors are pen pals with our first grade students and attend their plays, class parties and trade letters.
- The mission of Christian Fellowship School is to partner with Christian parents, to provide quality Christian education, and to prepare students for a lifetime of fruitful Christian service.
- The vision of Christian Fellowship School is to raise up multiple generations of Godly young people who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, Dual Credit Analytic Geometry and Trigonometry, Dual Credit Calculus and Analytic Geometry I, Dual Credit College Algebra, Dual Credit College Composition 1, Dual Credit College Composition II, Dual Credit Elementary Statistics|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(K-8 Uniform and 9-12 Non uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,950|
|Tuition Notes||PK and Half Day Kindergarten: $4,540 K- 6: $6,950 7-12: $8,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Scott Williams|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Thoma|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Choir, Columbia Career Center Courses, National Honor Society, Speech & Drama, Student Council|
- Christian Fellowship School, founded in 1981, has grown to a fully-accredited college preparatory school, educating nearly 300 students from PK-12th grade. Using a combination of Christian and secular textbooks, we integrate an academically challenging curriculum with Biblical studies, Christian principles, ethics, and student-led prayer and worship.
- Our teachers, coaches and staff model Christian attitudes and encourage each other to esteem atributes such as humility, honesty, kindness, and excellence. By reinforcing the faith and values students are learning at home, CFS provides a consistent environment for growth.
- Christian Fellowship School serves a diversity of students with varying racial and socioeconomic backgrounds. Over 20 percent of the school's current enrollment receives tuition assistance. Students represent over 40 Christian churches and numerous denominations including Baptist, Lutheran, Disciples of Christ, Evangelical Free, Presbyterian, and Assembly of God.
- Our graduates have been accepted at 65 different colleges and universities in 24 states, and 16.7% of our graduates have qualified for the Missouri Bright Flight Scholarship, placing them among the top 3% of the students in Missouri. The average ACT score of our students over the past 5 years has been 26.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 341 students
1801 N Stadium Blvd
Columbia, MO 65202
- ColumbiaGrades: NS-8 | 173 students
3300 S Providence Rd
Columbia, MO 65203
- ColumbiaGrades: 3-12 | 118 students
606 Ridgeway Ave
Columbia, MO 65203
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-5 | 81 students
408 Locust St
Columbia, MO 65205
- ColumbiaGrades: K-8 | 43 students
2201 West Rollins Road
Columbia, MO 65203
Our children transferred to CFS after having a wonderful elementary education experience in Columbia Public Schools. Not necessarily seeking a Christian Education, after learning more about the school and touring we quickly concluded this was the right place for our family. Not only is their curriculum top notch, sporting programs reputable but their strong commitment to raising a well round individual is unwavering. The staff and educators know most children (and their families) by name creating a real sense of community. The fact that our children are also growing their faith daily is a blessing. We highly recommend and endorse Christian Fellowship School as one of Columbia's finest education options.
- Posted by Parent - Horn Family
I have one student who is now at Baylor, along with two of her other classmates, and they have all thrived in a rigorous academic environment in college. My other student is in high school and both of them have been at CFS from Kindergarten on. They are mature, and both academically and spiritually prepared for life beyond high school. Both benefited from being able to compete in high school sports since our school is small. The teachers take the extra time necessary to help in any area they are struggling.
- Posted by Parent - Christi
My four sons attended school here. They were nurtured, encouraged and challenged by the exceptional staff and teachers. The Christian education they received has been extremely meaningful to them as they've grown into manhood. I highly recommend both the elementary and high school learning environments. The basics of math, English and science are emphasized and the curriculum is outstanding. They actually have hardback books! I highly recommend Christian Fellowship School of Columbia, MO!
- Posted by Parent - Lori Powell
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.