Christian Fellowship School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Christian Fellowship School Photo #2 - Our athletic teams start at the junior high level and we offer soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer leading, track, cross country and baseball.
Christian Fellowship School Photo #3 - Our fabulous gymnasium serves as PE class during the days and volleyball and basketball courts at night.
Christian Fellowship School Photo #6 - Pre-K through 5th grade create a special program or presentation to do for our grandparents each year.
Christian Fellowship School Photo #8 - Our junior class raises money to go on a mission trip each year to rebuild houses for those areas affected by natural disasters.
Christian Fellowship School Photo #9 - Our middle school soccer team competes with schools from St. Louis and Kansas City, as well as a few in the central Missouri area.
- The mission of Christian Fellowship School is to provide quality Christian education in a community of grace where students are known and loved.
- The vision of Christian Fellowship School is to raise up multiple generations of Godly young people who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, Dual Credit Analytic Geometry and Trigonometry, Dual Credit Calculus and Analytic Geometry I, Dual Credit College Algebra, Dual Credit College Composition 1, Dual Credit College Composition II, Dual Credit Elementary Statistics|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(K-8 Uniform and 9-12 Non uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,950|
|Tuition Notes||PK and Half Day Kindergarten: $4,540 K- 6: $6,950 7-12: $8,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Scott Williams|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Thoma|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Columbia Career Center Courses, Student Council|
Club or Organization:
National Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Choir, Speech & Drama
- Christian Fellowship School, founded in 1981, has grown to a fully-accredited college preparatory school, educating nearly 300 students from PK-12th grade. Using a combination of Christian and secular textbooks, we integrate an academically challenging curriculum with Biblical studies, Christian principles, ethics, and student-led prayer and worship.
- Our teachers, coaches and staff model Christian attitudes and encourage each other to esteem atributes such as humility, honesty, kindness, and excellence. By reinforcing the faith and values students are learning at home, CFS provides a consistent environment for growth.
- Christian Fellowship School serves a diversity of students with varying racial and socioeconomic backgrounds. Over 20 percent of the school's current enrollment receives tuition assistance. Students represent over 40 Christian churches and numerous denominations including Baptist, Lutheran, Disciples of Christ, Evangelical Free, Presbyterian, and Assembly of God.
- Our graduates have been accepted at 65 different colleges and universities in 24 states, and 16.7% of our graduates have qualified for the Missouri Bright Flight Scholarship, placing them among the top 3% of the students in Missouri. The average ACT score of our students over the past 5 years has been 26.
- Our StuCo hosted an open house for all incoming students this fall... Here is the recap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_n0fm921gQ
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: 1-12 | 86 students
606 Ridgeway Ave
Columbia, MO 65203
(573)449-2252 3 1-12
- Columbia Grades: K-8 | 637 students
817 Bernadette Dr
Columbia, MO 65203
(573)445-6516 2 K-8
If you want your student to be prepared for college or life, these people will invest their heart and soul into your student to help them succeed. Smaller class size, passionate teachers and a culture of character. Go Knights!
- Posted by Administrator - Karl
We moved our children to CFS for middle school several years ago. They had been in Columbia Public Schools and we were very frustrated with the curriculum, environment and administration. We had looked at several other private schools and even considered homeschooling when a friend recommended CFS. Without realizing it, we had had a completely inaccurate image of CFS, and it wasn't until I actually visited the school, observed classes, and talked with other parents that I realized CFS was a vibrant school that offered a strong and traditional education that is sorely missing in Columbia. They use books, write on paper, do "normal" math, learn grammar and vocabulary, get art, music and PE--all in a Christian environment that supports kids to be responsible, thoughtful and independent. We also appreciate that they can participate in many sports without having to dedicate every spare moment of their free time like most competitive sports these days. CFS is a hidden gem in Columbia.
- Posted by Parent - HA
My kids have been attending CFS for 9 and 5 years now. There are many reasons why I love our school, but the sense of community is probably at the top of the list. My kids feel loved by the teachers and the staff and I always feel that they are safe. The Bible based curriculum is challenging, but good preparation for college. The teachers are always available to listen or help with assignments. I always feel confident recommending CFS to friends and family.
- Posted by Parent - Kalene Aslanidis
We moved here from out of state, not knowing anything about the area except our niece and nephew attended Christian Fellowship School and both have done very well after graduating. We chose Christian Fellowship based on this and it has exceeded our expectations. Not only are they getting a superior education, they are also being discipled in the process. Our kids love going here and we love that they will be in the same school despite their age gap of 5 grades. The teachers have been top notch and the education is rock solid. We are excited to be a part of the family at Christian Fellowship School.
- Posted by Parent - Wendy
Our children transferred to CFS after having a wonderful elementary education experience in Columbia Public Schools. Not necessarily seeking a Christian Education, after learning more about the school and touring we quickly concluded this was the right place for our family. Not only is their curriculum top notch, sporting programs reputable but their strong commitment to raising a well round individual is unwavering. The staff and educators know most children (and their families) by name creating a real sense of community. The fact that our children are also growing their faith daily is a blessing. We highly recommend and endorse Christian Fellowship School as one of Columbia's finest education options.
- Posted by Parent - Horn Family
I have one student who is now at Baylor, along with two of her other classmates, and they have all thrived in a rigorous academic environment in college. My other student is in high school and both of them have been at CFS from Kindergarten on. They are mature, and both academically and spiritually prepared for life beyond high school. Both benefited from being able to compete in high school sports since our school is small. The teachers take the extra time necessary to help in any area they are struggling.
- Posted by Parent - Christi
My four sons attended school here. They were nurtured, encouraged and challenged by the exceptional staff and teachers. The Christian education they received has been extremely meaningful to them as they've grown into manhood. I highly recommend both the elementary and high school learning environments. The basics of math, English and science are emphasized and the curriculum is outstanding. They actually have hardback books! I highly recommend Christian Fellowship School of Columbia, MO!
- Posted by Parent - Lori Powell
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.