Ardor Montessori School, Inc.
5.00 (1 review)
- Ardor Montessori School is a non-denominational, independent Montessori learning environment located in Lexington, KY. We offer part-day and all day instruction for children 2 1/2 to 12 years of age.
- We offer a caring, safe, child-sized, mixed-age environment, with a host of developmentally appropriate manipulative materials.
- Please call for more information or to schedule a tour.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,800|
- PRIMARY PROGRAM (2.5-6 YEAR OLDS)
- The Primary classroom is a mixed age environment that serves children ages 2 1/2 to 6. The class is staffed by a trained teacher and one assistant. This program provides the opportunity for individual development within the context of a group setting. The task of the guide is to introduce a variety of developmentally appropriate activities and concepts. The learning takes place through the child’s own activities. The classroom is a child-centered environment, not a teacher centered environment. Scientifically designed materials allow the child to focus on skill building or concept revelation through exploration.
- Children in this environment are exposed to practical life skills such as caring for themselves or their environment. Work continues, with a focus on language development in spoken language, writing, reading, and the parts of speech. Students gain understanding of abstract concepts such as mathematics through the use of concrete apparatus. The guide also works to foster individual expression through music, art, and movement. The Primary framework is based on exploration of:
- • Language
- • Mathematics
- • Sensorial Apparatus and extensions such as Geography, Botany, and Music
- • Practical Life Activities
- • Grace and Courtesy
- The curriculum of the classroom is very individualized. This allows the child to work at a pace that is comfortable to their developmental timetable, while sparking their interest, and challenging their intellect. Our program provides the tools and foundation to aide your child toward their path for independence, quest for knowledge, as well as cultivate a intrinsic passion for education and love of learning. For further questions, feel free to contact us or schedule an appointment.
- ELEMENTARY PROGRAM (6-12 YEAR OLDS)
- The Elementary classroom is a mixed age environment that serves children ages 6 to 12. The class is staffed by a trained teacher. Presentations of the materials, or “Lessons” are typically given to small groups of children. From there, the child is free to engage in further independent study, with increasing complexity and detail, based on their interest of the material. The Elementary framework is based on exploration of:
- • Mathematics
- • Language
- • Geometry
- • Geography/Science
- • History
- • Biology
- • Music
- • Art
- Montessori referred to this format as "cosmic education.” This is not a curriculum, but a framework to place knowledge in context. Great stories allow the child to form connections, gain exposure to interdependencies between subjects, and explore their role and relationship in the universe. Children begin to see their role as individuals, members of the classroom, members of a community, participants in the earth’s ecology, citizens of a nation, and so on. Students are then encouraged to engage in “going out” experiences within the community to further enhance their understanding and aide in their quest for knowledge.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LexingtonGrades: NS-8 | 150 students
725 Stone Road
Lexington, KY 40503
- LexingtonGrades: PK-6 | 55 students
319 S Broadway Park
Lexington, KY 40504
- LexingtonGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
3900 Rapid Run Drive
Lexington, KY 40515
- LexingtonGrades: PK-12 | 1520 students
450 W Reynolds Rd
Lexington, KY 40503
- LexingtonGrades: K-7 | 231 students
1209 Texaco Rd
Lexington, KY 40508
I am thrilled to be among the inaugural class of Ardor parents/students. This school got off the ground mid-year, which might be a rough transition for some kids to handle. With superior educational guidance, these kids didn't miss a beat! In fact, my own kids are learning at a much quicker pace than they were at their previous school. They are happier than I have seen them in years, and it is a daily struggle to get them in the car to come HOME! My children work harder than they have all year at their previous school, getting more lessons and more challenging material. Amazingly, they are happy for the increased difficulty and work load. It shows us how children really love to do something meaningful, even if it's challenging, rather than fill their time with endless repetition of concepts already mastered. The instructor is available to answer questions any time we ask. I receive daily updates as to my child's progress, or new concepts they have practiced or mastered when I pick them up in the afternoon. Excellent afterschool care is available for parents who need that service, complete with enrichment classes such as sewing and band! In true Montessori style of "follow the child", the class was recently transformed into the Titanic (complete with hula hoop chandeliers made by the children, and a meal reflective of the menu of the Titanic) simply because a couple of students showed an interest and their enthusiasm caught on and grew into a whole school event! I couldn't be happier here!
- Posted by Parent - ginny
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
May 10, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.