Atlanta Country Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Atlanta Country Day is a college prep private high school serving grades 7-12.
- We offer individualized attention with small classes in a family atmosphere.
- We also offer all core curriculum subjects in the day school as well as summer school. We offer group and individualized classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average SAT score||1000|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jan Cohen|
|Admissions Associate||Mel Cohen|
- We also offer night school for credit, as well as one on one tutoring 7 days a week. We can plan a program for students who have dropped out of school and only need a few credits to graduate. We also tutor online independent study courses high school and college level.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: 6-12 | 149 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
(770)394-8177 2.7 6-12
- Roswell Grades: 4-12 | 257 students
700 Grimes Bridge Road
Roswell, GA 30075
(770)641-8688 1.7 4-12
- Roswell Grades: K-12 | 135 students
1000 Old Roswell Lakes Parkway
Roswell, GA 30076
(770)645-2673 2.8 K-12
This school is appropriate for students who need more attention devoted to their needs. If the crowded classrooms and social distractions are overwhelming, then this school will be a welcome haven. The teachers get the time to spend with your child because the classes are small. Typically, there are 3-6 students per class. At Atlanta Country Day School, there is more interaction between the students and the teachers. You won't find the typical lecture style of 25 students watching a teacher write on a board while the students laboriously write notes down without any input to learning inquiry.
- Posted by Teacher - Teaching for 12 years
My son became ill and missed most of his second semester of 11th grade. Atlanta Country Day School was recommended to us by our school. ACDS is a fabulous school. They created a program that would work around his illness. The owners and the teachers were the most intelligent group I have come across. Thank you, my son loved it there and learned so much. He is back in his old school and will be able to graduate with his friends that he has been with since 1st grade. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - user1
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.