Austin Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Austin Preparatory is a Catholic Independent school in the Augustinian tradition, founded in 1961 that serves the academic, social and spiritual needs of young men and women in grades 6 through 12.
- While admissions is selective, Austin is a welcoming community of learners, with dedicated faculty and a strong leadership team committed to making the overall experience of students a positive and enriching one.
- Students will participate in an integrated arts and music program throughout middle school and 9th grade years, with music and art electives offered at every grade level.
- Our athletic program is competitive and inclusive providing an opportunity for student athletes to not only participate in the sports they love, but to experience the thrill of victory competing in the highly regarded Catholic Central League in MIAA Division 1 and 3 depending on the sport.
- Students looking to enrich their academic experience will have opportunities to join the varied language programs, including honor societies in Latin, Spanish and French, as well as the traditional Jr National and National Honor Society.
- We encourage you to contact the Office of Admission to request more information by calling 781-944-4900 ext 770 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||760 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 21 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2017-2018.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michael O'Brien|
|Admissions Associate||Meg Shannon|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Ballet,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathalon, Acoustic Music Jam, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Chess Club, Chorus, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Dance Team, Equestrian, Health and Fitness, Math Team, Model UN, New England Club, Photography Club, Ping Pong Club, Robotics Program, Rock Climbing Club, Sign Language Club, Ski/Snowboarding Club, Ultimate Frisbee, Yoga Club Art Club, Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Dance Team, Equestrian, Math Team, Model UN, Ping Pong Club, Yoga Club, Academic Decathalon,|
Acoustic Music Jam,
Big Brothers/Big Sisters,
Health and Fitness,
New England Club,
Rock Climbing Club,
Sign Language Club,
- Austin Preparatory is co educational Catholic independent school that is steeped in the Augustinian tradition. We encourage applications from students who have a desire to be part of a community that take their education seriously, and have aspirations to attend a four year university. Because our program covers seven years, grades 6 through 12, we have the ability to offer wide-ranging opportunities for academic, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth at critical stages of a student's development. At Austin, we challenge and encourage our students in all aspects of their day-to-day lives. Friendships are made quickly and often, lasting well beyond the student's years here. If you are seeking a safe and caring environment for your child that provides an exceptional academic program, Austin may be the right choice for you.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AndoverGrades: 9-12 | 1150 students
180 Main Street
Andover, MA 01810
- DanversGrades: 6-12 | 1500 students
72 Spring Street
Danvers, MA 01923
- North AndoverGrades: 9-12 | 381 students
1160 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA 01845
- AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
- South HamiltonGrades: 9-12 | 374 students
537 Highland St
South Hamilton, MA 01982
My daughter received an excellent education. However, because most students are financially well off, the guidance counselors are terrible about recommending students for scholarships. My daughter graduated with a 4.1 GPA, was AP Scholar, but received no scholarships of ANY kind. I found out later that there were several scholarships that she qualified for that can only be obtained through school guidance counselors. An extremely poor job by them in my daughter's case
- Posted by Parent - mcg24
The teachers are Austin Prep's greatest resource. They are genuinely interested in educating the whole person and in developing lifelong learners and engaged citizens. Two of our children, who have very different strengths and weaknesses, have matriculated at Austin and both have thrived in all facets of their high school experiences. The fact that Austin is a coed, grades 6-12 school had great appeal as we pondered a variety of independent school options north of Boston.
- Posted by Parent - pt409
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.