Banyan Elementary School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- At Banyan School, our mission is to educate elementary and middle school students with learning disabilities by identifying individual strengths and abilities, continuously monitoring individual progress, and adapting the curriculum to meet each student's changing educational needs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-Based Learning Difficulties, ADHD, Asperger|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Banyan School is a non-profit elementary and middle school program designed to meet the challenging instructional needs of students with significant language-based learning disabilities. Specializing in dyslexia, we offer a comprehensive individualized instructional program, based on the principles of Orton-Gillingham methodology, with integrated related services. In addition to our focus on academics, we provide a comprehensive Social Skills program, to enhance development of interpersonal skills and application of pragmatic language. Typically we serve students whose academic success has been compromised by one or more learning challenges, including: dyslexia; deficits in reading, decoding, comprehension, attention, visual/spatial processing, fine/gross motor coordination, auditory processing, short/long term memory, and executive functioning skills; Asperger`s syndrome; and moderate cognitive deficits. An intensive academic program provides a small student to teacher ratio, including individualized and small group instruction, remediation and enrichment when appropriate, social skills groups, and integration of practical life skills and community based experiences.
- People that viewed Banyan Elementary School also viewed these schools: Craig School, Benway School, Academy360 Lower School (Formerly The Children's Institute), ECLC of New Jersey and Deron School 1.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain LakesGrades: 2-12 | 160 students
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
- WayneGrades: 1-12 | 77 students
620 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
- VeronaGrades: NS-9 | 87 students
1 Sunset Ave
Verona, NJ 07044
- ChathamGrades: K-12 | 200 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
- UnionGrades: PK | 105 students
1140 Commerce Ave
Union, NJ 07083
My daughter went to Banyan for two years. When she went in she didn't know how to read ,when she left she could. I will forever be in there debt. Banyan gave my daughter confidence and opened up a world to her she never knew existed. I would suggest going there to anyone. Libbe2000
- Posted by Parent - libbe2000
The Banyan School has changed my son's life. They teach in a way he understands and a pace he can keep up with and he is with kids just like him. Before Banyan, he stopped learning, had anxiety everyday before school and no friends. I highly recommend Banyan.
- Posted by Parent - rufan
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.