Our students grow in their understanding of academics, social skills and the world around them. Developing a passion for learning is our common goal.
Our staff facilitates student communication in a variety of ways. We believe that effective communication skills lead to greater personal confidence and success.
Our behavior management techniques are used to systematically improve socially appropriate behavior in order to enhance each child's quality of life.
In our Culinary Arts program students learn about table service, dining room protocol and business operation for an overall introduction to the culinary arts and food services industry. The pre-vocational curriculum teaches the skills necessary for employment—generalizing learned skills to pre-vocational and functional tasks. Individualization is crucial, as students have a wide range of skill levels.
- The Gramon School helps pupils with behavioral disabilities and/or Autism Spectrum disorders to acquire the skills, confidence and initiative necessary for them to learn, grow and assume their rightful positions within the mainstream of their schools and communities.
- A "leading edge" school, Gramon provides every student with a personal computer and workstation with which he or she completes daily classwork in the context of a supportive, family-like atmosphere.
- Each classroom is staffed by a certified special education teacher and two specially trained para-professionals.
- These personnel meet as a team with social workers, reading, art and physical education teachers, and administrators weekly to review each student's progress.
- Like its sister schools Glenview Academy and New Beginnings, Gramon regularly undergoes the rigorous self-study and self-renewal necessary to maintain accreditation by the Middlestates Association of Colleges and Schools.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Social/Emotional/Behavioral and Autistic Disabilities|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined annually by the Division of Finance of the New Jersey Department of Education.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kim Saunders|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- Approved by the New Jersey Department of Education as a day school for students with disabilities
- Accredited by the Middle States Association
- District funded tuition
- Co-educational day school serving students from 12 through 21
- For students with emotionally-based behavior and/or Autism Spectrum disorders
- 1:4 Staff to Student ratio
- Proactive, Positive Behavior System
- Every student provided laptop computer
- Each class makes use of iPads and SMART Boards
- Full-time BCBA, social workers and support personnel
- Affliated with Glenview Academy for elementary students with behavioral and learning disabiities and/or Autism Spectrum disorders.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FairfieldGrades: PK-12 | 202 students
28-32 Dwight Place
Fairfield, NJ 07004
MontclairGrades: 8-12 | 140 students
130 Grove Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Fort LeeGrades: 7-12 | 71 students
2300 3rd St
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.