- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-8
- Enrollment: 51 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Banyan School is a non-profit elementary and middle school program designed to meet the challenging instructional needs of students with significant language-based learning disabilities. Specializing in dyslexia, we offer a comprehensive individualized instructional program, based on the principles of Orton-Gillingham methodology, with integrated related services. In addition to our focus on academics, we provide a comprehensive Social Skills program, to enhance development of interpersonal skills and application of pragmatic language. Typically we serve students whose academic success has been compromised by one or more learning challenges, including: dyslexia; deficits in reading, decoding, comprehension, attention, visual/spatial processing, fine/gross motor coordination, auditory processing, short/long term memory, and executive functioning skills; Asperger`s syndrome; and moderate cognitive deficits. An intensive academic program provides a small student to teacher ratio, including individualized and small group instruction, remediation and enrichment when appropriate, social skills groups, and integration of practical life skills and community based experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Banyan School?
Endorse Banyan School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards