Chapel Hill Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Chapel Hill Academy's mission is to provide students with the necessary tools and opportunities so that they may progress academically, mature emotionally, and develop socially, in order to become productive participants at home, in school, and within the community.
- To this end, the staff of Chapel Hill is dedicated to providing each student an individually tailored program of comprehensive education that incorporates academics, technology, social skills, arts and culture, practical life skills, health and physical education, as well as behavior modification, thereby affording the students the opportunity to utilize their strengths in realizing success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain Lakes Grades: 2-12
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
(973)334-1295 7 2-12
- Ridgewood Grades: PK-8 | 85 students
56 Passaic Street
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
(201)857-4785 10.3 PK-8
- Wayne Grades: 1-12 | 79 students
620 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973)633-3837 4.1 1-12
- Pompton Lakes Grades: K-8 | 162 students
230 Wanaque Ave 234
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
(973)839-4050 5.7 K-8
This is one of the few private schools in New Jersey for students with disabilities who have the potential for high academic achievement. They strike the right balance of high expectations and academic rigor, with support, nurturing, and flexibility. Students go on to college or back to their local district. When you walk in, you immediately know that they care about kids AND they are good at what they do.
- Posted by Parent - Emma C
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.