Windsor Bergen Academy
Tel: (201) 857-4785
- WINDSOR BERGEN ACADEMY provides a quality education for children from Pre-K through grade 8, which allows students to overcome academic, social and emotional challenges through innovative programs focusing on academic success and high school readiness.
- Academic achievement and mainstreaming are realities for WBA. Classrooms feature a certified teacher with at least two classroom aides and twelve or less students in a class.
- The programs feature a strong, structured behavior modification system, counseling, speech, occupational therapy and parental communication.
- We provide quality education and build academic achievement and self-esteem in children with a history of under-achievement in school.
- We believe any child, despite, their presenting behavior and social background, wants acceptance, achievement, knowledge, and the ability to interact well with others.
- Our challenge is to unlock the potential of each student in a warm, nurturing environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Cheering,|
- Windsor Bergen Academy (Grades K through 8) is a state-approved, nonprofit, private school located in Ridgewood NJ, for classified students who exhibit learning, behavioral and attention disorders and require a therapeutic environment to address their social, emotional, behavioral, and academic needs. It provides each student with an appropriate education in accordance with the NJ Administrative Code 6A:14; access to state-of-the-art Technology and instruction; as well as additional Counseling services; Occupational, Speech and Language therapy; and Clinical services.Our program reinforces positive behavior and allows students to experience the rewards of hard work.
- We support the individual needs of each student in class sizes limited to 12 students. Each class has a minimum of two assistants. The professional teaching staff is comprised of highly qualified, certified educators in all subject areas, including art, music and physical education. Weekly communication by phone is provided to every parent.
- By combining and utilizing different strategies, students are better able to know and understand what is expected of them.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain Lakes Grades: 2-12
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
(973) 334-1295 17.3 2-12
- Pompton Lakes Grades: K-8 | 162 students
230 Wanaque Ave 234
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
(973) 839-4050 9.1 K-8
- Wayne Grades: 1-12 | 79 students
620 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973) 633-3837 6.4 1-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?