5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (201) 447-1696
- Holmstead students between the ages of 13 and 18 possess high intellectual potential but have been unable to achieve successfully in traditional school settings.
- The Holmstead School provides an educational and therapeutic milieu, which emphasizes innovative and flexible education for bright adolescents who need to be challenged in order to change their motivation and performance.
- Students at Holmstead who are finding both academic success and behavioral growth are encouraged to remain in the program through their senior year.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Teaneck Grades: 9-12 | 184 students
1135 Teaneck Rd
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 862-1796 8.2 9-12
- Englewood Grades: 6-12
10 Sterling Blvd, Suite 201
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201) 431-9554 9.7 6-12
- Pompton Plains Grades: 7-12 | 60 students
157 W Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
(973) 835-4989 10.2 7-12
- Wickatunk Grades: 6-12 | 96 students
160 Conover Rd
Wickatunk, NJ 07765
(732) 946-4771 43.4 6-12
I wholeheartedly endorse this school. After a previous year of school refusal and crisis, my daughter has regained her sense of self, safety, and groundedness while at Holmstead. Her grades have improved and she`s now back on the high honor roll. She willingly gets up on her own every day to go to school. She loves the Holmstead tribe! And they don`t baby these kids...but give them the appropriate academic and therapuetic supports. They work with you to get the individualized plan your kid needs to succeed. A+!!!
- Posted by Parent - Cos
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.