5.00 (1 review)
- Holmstead students between the ages of 13 and 18 possess high intellectual potential but have been unable to achieve successfully in traditional school settings.
- The Holmstead School provides an educational and therapeutic milieu, which emphasizes innovative and flexible education for bright adolescents who need to be challenged in order to change their motivation and performance.
- Students at Holmstead who are finding both academic success and behavioral growth are encouraged to remain in the program through their senior year.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Teaneck Grades: 9-12 | 183 students
1135 Teaneck Rd
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201)862-1796 8.2 9-12
- Englewood Grades: 6-12
10 Sterling Blvd, Suite 201
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201)431-9554 9.3 6-12
- Pompton Plains Grades: 6-12 | 75 students
157 W Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
(973)835-4989 10.2 6-12
- Wickatunk Grades: 6-12 | 166 students
160 Conover Rd
Wickatunk, NJ 07765
(732)946-4771 43.4 6-12
I wholeheartedly endorse this school. After a previous year of school refusal and crisis, my daughter has regained her sense of self, safety, and groundedness while at Holmstead. Her grades have improved and she`s now back on the high honor roll. She willingly gets up on her own every day to go to school. She loves the Holmstead tribe! And they don`t baby these kids...but give them the appropriate academic and therapuetic supports. They work with you to get the individualized plan your kid needs to succeed. A+!!!
- Posted by Parent - Cos
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.