Tel: (973) 835-4989
- Chancellor Academy is a school that serves non-traditional 6th-12th grade students from diverse communities who have been unable to achieve success in reaching their true potential in other educational settings.
- Chancellor Academy`s Mission is to ensure students acquire the necessary tools, skills, attitudes, opportunities and experiences to mature emotionally, develop socially, and progress academically according to their level of ability in order to become productive participants at home, at school and in the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Needs|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
- "Chancellor Academy"
- "Creating Opportunities for Success"
- "Students with Special Needs have unique needs."
- We are a Private School for Students with Disabilities accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges and approved, licensed, and certified by the New Jersey Department of Education.We implement a student`s Individual Educational Plan, including behavior modification and management programs, in accordance with the Laws of the United States and the State of New Jersey and in cooperation with the student`s Child Study Team and their Parent(s) / Guardian(s).Our curriculum fulfills the New Jersey requirements for high school graduation. We are approved by the New Jersey Department of Education to administer New Jersey State PARRC assessments with modifications and accommodations and by the College Board to administer the PSAT and SAT with modifications and accommodations.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wayne Grades: 8-12 | 560 students
1512 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973) 694-3702 3.5 8-12
- Teaneck Grades: 9-12 | 184 students
1135 Teaneck Rd
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 862-1796 16.9 9-12
- Califon Grades: 7-12 | 70 students
37 Hoffmans Crossing Rd
Califon, NJ 07830
(908) 832-7200 34.7 7-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?