Chancellor Academy is a school that serves non-traditional 6th-12th grade students from diverse communities who have been unable to achieve success in reaching their true potential in other educational settings.
Chancellor Academy`s Mission is to ensure students acquire the necessary tools, skills, attitudes, opportunities and experiences to mature emotionally, develop socially, and progress academically according to their level of ability in order to become productive participants at home, at school and in the community.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 60 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- "Chancellor Academy"
- "Creating Opportunities for Success"
- "Students with Special Needs have unique needs."
- We are a Private School for Students with Disabilities accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges and approved, licensed, and certified by the New Jersey Department of Education.We implement a student`s Individual Educational Plan, including behavior modification and management programs, in accordance with the Laws of the United States and the State of New Jersey and in cooperation with the student`s Child Study Team and their Parent(s) / Guardian(s).Our curriculum fulfills the New Jersey requirements for high school graduation. We are approved by the New Jersey Department of Education to administer New Jersey State PARRC assessments with modifications and accommodations and by the College Board to administer the PSAT and SAT with modifications and accommodations.
The administrators, teachers, counselors, et al., are highly qualified and go above and beyond for their students and families. Their educational and therapeutic approaches align to promote optimal student school performance and mindset. Highly recommend this school!
Endorse Chancellor Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.