Bayside Montessori Association
- Bayside Montessori is a non-profit corporation that was formed in 1982 to meet the continued need for Montessori education in Alameda.
- Our head teacher is trained in the Montessori Method and holds a certificate from the American Montessori Society.
- All of our teachers have many years of Montessori teaching experience.
- Children attend our preschool program five days per week for three hours a day, with extended hours and kindergarten available in the afternoon program.
- Program placement is based upon teacher and staff recommendation. Bayside Montessori’s programs include art, music, language skills, math skills, daily living activities, cultural units, small and large motor development, and the development of sensorial discrimination.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates depend on program your child is enrolled in.|
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.